The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #1
dynageno

1975 power Steering

Anyone know where I can find a complete power steering kit for my 1975 c-10. If I knew exactly what I needed I may be able to gather parts at a junk yard, but I'm not familiar with PS parts needed. I would just like to buy the whole kit new if possible. Anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance, Geno

1975 C-10
250 cu in motor
dynageno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:20 PM   #2
lilpoindexter

Re: 1975 power Steering

I did this swap on my '78 truck. Basically you need a pump and brackets to match your engine, the pulleys and belts, the two hoses, and the steering box. I don't remember if the pitman arm was the same or not, or if I just left it on the manual box because I couldn't take it off.
I have a california truck too, which meant it had a smog pump as well as the hideous integrated head. I researched and found the 75-80 Novas and clones, and Camaro / Firebird, as well as trucks from the late 70s had the integrated head, and smog pump that dictated the drive system I needed. I think I found a couple of different Nova clones and from two I was able to get the brackets and pulleys I needed. The belt, hoses, and box were all new. I did this about 3 years ago, and it was quite a feat to find cars that are now almost 40 years old. Eventually I found the stuff I needed.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #3
dynageno

Re: 1975 power Steering

Thank you, this is very helpful info.
dynageno is offline   Reply With Quote