The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
Low Elco

Re: Old Yeller's new heart-5.3/4l60 swap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
I used www.fuelinjectionconnection.com for my harness. I have used them for 3 now (LS, LT1, and TBI), and the quality has been top notch. It is a new harness also, not a reworked original harness. Seems like it was around $600 or so to get the harness, PCM programmed, and harness tested with the PCM and TAC module- you do have to send your pedal, TAC, and PCM though. I can probably score you a pedal and TAC if you need it.

I ended up doing an in tank Delco EP381 and an '87 tank, but I did also purchase an inline Airtex pump to use also. Indecision will be the death of me I guess, but at least I will be prepared. Since you have already put in the rear mount tank, I would use the external pump. I still have this one new in the box if you need one.
If I was gonna buy a harness, it was between them and PSI. The pedal issue is handled, but thanks for the offer, I appreciate it!

Fueling is still up in the air, but being researched as we speak. I've come up with some interesting options, so we'll see how it works out. I appreciate the offer!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:41 AM   #2
Low Elco

Re: Old Yeller's new heart-5.3/4l60 swap!

Saturday Update Time!

Ok, so Eric has the perfect work schedule for running the 'yards on Friday. So Friday, my mere mortal self was at work and my phone was blowin' up with texts with news of the yards! Public thanks to Eric for finding a proper LS dipstick and a couple plastic pieces that I needed, which he stashed for me. But I couldn't go because.... Flyin Ryan and I went and got Yeller, because it was baaaarely dry enough to get the trailer out and we got it while the gettin' was good!

Loaded UP!
Name:  IMG_1552.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  76.6 KB

Boppa's stoked!
Name:  IMG_1553.jpg
Views: 1320
Size:  73.1 KB

The Kid had to go around the block one last time before it goes under the knife.
Name:  IMG_1555.jpg
Views: 1317
Size:  53.6 KB

Don't nobody go nowhere, that's just Friday!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote