The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
66mustangguy

17 GMC burb vacuum line HELP!!

okay I have been searching and searching, but have not found a good post on 71 GM suburban vac lines.

I am trying to figure out what the three vacuum lines into the cabin are for. I got the burban in pieces and I have no idea and have not found anything useful on where they go or are used for.

all the heating from what I can tell are managed by wire and the AC is roof AC and is not part of the heating system. I reached under the dash to try and see what it was connected to but didnt have much luck. been search a long time but no luck on these.

please help!!
66mustangguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: 17 GMC burb vacuum line HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66mustangguy View Post
okay I have been searching and searching, but have not found a good post on 71 GM suburban vac lines.

I am trying to figure out what the three vacuum lines into the cabin are for. I got the burban in pieces and I have no idea and have not found anything useful on where they go or are used for.

all the heating from what I can tell are managed by wire and the AC is roof AC and is not part of the heating system. I reached under the dash to try and see what it was connected to but didnt have much luck. been search a long time but no luck on these.

please help!!
I have a feeling what you are describing as vacuum hoses in the cab are actually for the windshield washer hoses. They run through a grommet just about in the center but to the drivers side of the firewall just above the distributor. If you look on your wiper moter, it should have 3 open ports where these hoses attach.

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
paul mora

I installed those windshield washer fluid lines in a suburban at the shop today my buddy was trying to install them to the intake
Old 04-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
66mustangguy

that makes some sense, but why do they come out into the engine compartment and how to do they route to the washer sprayers (do they go through the cowl or something). they are all different lengths of hose.
66mustangguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #5
67 Burb

Here are the three hoses on my Burb. Two go to the nozzles and a long one goes to the reservoir tank.
Attached Images

1967 2wd Burb, 350/TH350, 3.73 posi
67 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote