The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
1774btcrew

A little bit about me and my business AZPartsLocators & some recent NOS & rare items

I have had the pleasure of dealing with many of you over the past few years. I have had some great transactions and ended up with some good friends and regular customers. I wanted to post up some recent finds and got to thinking that even though I have been on here quite a few years many of you don't know much about me. I figured it was time for a proper introduction. I was born in a small town in Colorado just inside the Four Corners. From birth I was always around vintage muscle cars and race cars. My grandfather owned a large company that built most of the locations for oil wells in the 4 corners from 1953- the early 80s when he sold the business. Now here is where my love for the square body trucks comes from. My dad was a supervisor for my grandfather's business and he had a brand new fully loaded Chevy truck every year. These weren't the most practical work trucks as they were all short beds and many were big block trucks. But that is what my dad thought looked best. He had the first diesel powered Chevy delivered west of the Mississippi. I have included a picture of this. I am the one to the right in the picture.
As I grew older and went to high school I specialized in Auto body. I did this through my early 20's. I then got married and had a family. I realized I needed a job that had a paycheck every week that I could count on so I went into construction. Once Ebay came out I gradually started making purchases there. I soon realized I could also sell on there. I started without a real computer and was using something called WebTv. It was basically a keyboard, and processor that used the TV for a monitor. As the years went on I was selling stuff on Ebay on the side to supplement my income. I began selling more and more. We purchased our first house and work became slow so I decided to do the Ebay thing full time. That was over 11 years ago. I developed AZPartsLocators.com and began specializing in parts for the 1973-1987 Chevy and GMC trucks. I would have never gotten where I am today without the support of my wife and family as well as all of you. I appreciate your business!
The following photos are some of the finds/purchases from the last 3 weeks. I hope you guys enjoy and I look forward to making friends with many more of you in the future.
Jeff
AZPartsLocators

1972 Cheyenne Super Short Bed big block "Blackie"
1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
1774btcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
1774btcrew

Re: A little bit about me and my business AZPartsLocators & some recent NOS & rare it

Here are the last 3 weeks pick ups. Some may have been forgotten. Tail gate band is NOS. It seems I have picked up so many items in this time frame.

1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #3
1774btcrew

Re: A little bit about me and my business AZPartsLocators & some recent NOS & rare it

These are all finds from travelling up and down the West coast and South west states. Bed corners and several of the 1973-1980 trim pieces are NOS

Old 04-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #4
flashed

I like those floor mats .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #5
1774btcrew

Thanks! I like them too! They will probably go into the 79 GMC stepside I just picked up!

Old 04-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #6
75gmc454

Great story and great parts. That looks like a 73-74 gmc band with no emblem.
75gmc454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #7
1774btcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75gmc454 View Post
Great story and great parts. That looks like a 73-74 gmc band with no emblem.
Thanks! Just figured it was time for a proper introduction. The tailgate band is technically correct for the 73-74 GMCs but If it were drilled for the emblem it would work all of the way up to 1980

Old 04-07-2014, 11:57 PM   #8
KQQL IT
At the body shop.

Had a polished no name band on my old 77 was so pissed when I backed into another truck and smashed it.
Cool parts collection
Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 AM   #9
kalbert

Hmmmm... I've got my eye on that tach cluster!
kalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:03 AM   #10
1774btcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQQL IT View Post
Had a polished no name band on my old 77 was so pissed when I backed into another truck and smashed it.
Cool parts collection
Thanks! I would like to use the band but just can't bring myself to use a NOS piece. It seems these things ding just looking at them! Those parts are just stuff I picked up in the last 3 weeks.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:35 AM   #11
andrewmp6

Is that a 69 mustang tail light?
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #12
1774btcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
Is that a 69 mustang tail light?
Good eye! It is a NOS 1969ustang tail light lens. While I specialize in 73-87 Chevy and GMC trucks, I sell parts for all models so I don't pass up the good stuff when I see it.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #13
83GMCK2500

Oh wow, great finds! Thank you for the history and story behind your business, your interest. It is great to see these parts saved, gathered up, and sold to those who need them or are looking for them.

1983 GMC High Sierra 2500, 4x4, RC/LB, 400 S.B., SM-465, NP-208, Corporate 10 bolt & 9.5" 14 bolt
1996 GMC Sierra SLE 3500 DRW, 4x4, EC/LB, Vortec 454, NV-4500, BW-4401, AAM 925 & AAM 1050
1997 GMC Sierra SLT 1500 4x4, Z71/F44, EC/SB, Vortec 350

My Introduction with my '83s History
New Daily, the '96
83GMCK2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #14
carboncrew

yeah yeah whatever, where's my headliner!!!

Just kidding man!

PS: I still have a sideyard of 'leftovers' if you're interested. I'll get some pics off to you one of these days.

My very own build

My tailgating ambulance
carboncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:29 AM   #15
andrewmp6

I'm still shocked he can pull nos parts left and right,But he does keep his prices real world so most of us can afford them.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:36 AM   #16
Kaysen

I know user A Good Man was looking for a tailgate band like that for a friend a month or so back. Might shoot him a PM if you want to sell it.
Kaysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #17
Cheng

I'm interested in the tach cluster, can you pm me a price shipped to 32226?

1953 3800 - SRW C&C Dump - 216/SM420
1985 K30 Scottsdale - SRW - 6.2/SM465/NP205 (Sold)
Cheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #18
1774btcrew

I appreciate the kind words from all of the people that have responded. It is truly a blessing to be able to do something I love for a living. I have had a lot of jobs I didn't mind doing before this but locating the auto parts is something I actually look forward to. It is nice to be able to provide my customers with a part they have been looking for. I like to think I sell the best quality parts out there. I see many items on Ebay from sellers in the Phoenix area that I recognize from the wrecking yards. These are items I have passed up because I don't feel they are good enough quality. The fact is, I have such a large inventory of parts I don't have room for stuff that isn't nice. I try to never ship my customers a dirty or greasy part. In most cases all used parts are cleaned, polished and repainted where needed. Recently I have begun to have many of chassis parts powder coated before I ship. I like the idea of being able to give my customers a part that is ready to bolt on. Even the NOS items I sell are cleaned and original boxes are carefully brushed off. I buy from a lot of people on here and other places and I ended up with some really dirty stuff. It takes extra time to clean all of these items but I feel that there are a lot of sellers of truck parts out there and I need something to set my stuff apart and make people want to buy from me.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #19
1774btcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboncrew View Post
yeah yeah whatever, where's my headliner!!!

Just kidding man!

PS: I still have a sideyard of 'leftovers' if you're interested. I'll get some pics off to you one of these days.
I know eventually you will come up with some pictures for me! It was odd when you were looking for a headliner. I ran into a dry spell on crew cabs. I did find some out of the state but there is no real good way to transport a headliner any distance. Now that you don't need one, I see them all of the time! Funny how that works!

Old 04-09-2014, 12:52 PM   #20
1774btcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysen View Post
I know user A Good Man was looking for a tailgate band like that for a friend a month or so back. Might shoot him a PM if you want to sell it.
Thanks for the heads up. I don't think he frequents this part of the forum much. Mostly he is in the parts section. I actually paid quite a bit for this but sometimes you have to if you want the best quality stuff.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #21
BigMike608

I've had the pleasure of doing business with you and I definitely look forward to purchasing more items from you in the future!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #22
1774btcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike608 View Post
I've had the pleasure of doing business with you and I definitely look forward to purchasing more items from you in the future!
Thanks Mike! It is customers like you that make me enjoy doing this so much!

Old 04-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #23
1774btcrew

I will be listing the tachometer cluster in the for sale section.