The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
n8r67

67 8.1 big block build looking for suspensions opinions experiences pros and cons

Hey guys maybe you can help me make up my mind. Im building a 67 swb 8.1 bb 4l80 swap. Looking for opinions on suspension options. Been looking at porterbuilt, cpp, hotchkis and.now been reading abiut the c4 swap stuff. Not looking to lay frame more interested in performance and handling with that big hunk of steel under the hood. Is the c4 a nice setup or better to just stick with aftermarket control arms?? All opinions appriciated
n8r67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
Fitz
Account Suspended

Re: 67 8.1 big block build looking for suspensions opinions experiences pros and cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r67 View Post
Hey guys maybe you can help me make up my mind. Im building a 67 swb 8.1 bb 4l80 swap. Looking for opinions on suspension options. Been looking at porterbuilt, cpp, hotchkis and.now been reading abiut the c4 swap stuff. Not looking to lay frame more interested in performance and handling with that big hunk of steel under the hood. Is the c4 a nice setup or better to just stick with aftermarket control arms?? All opinions appriciated
When I installed my 572 I went to Early Classic Enterprises for their anti sway bar, drop spindles and drop springs for the front and drop springs, super track bar and shock re-locaters for the rear. Adding a CPP anti sway bar in the rear rounded it out. Even with that heavy motor, the truck corners flat and is very quick on an autocross track. It's really fun to see the faces on the local SCCA sports car snobs when I finish a run. Most of them are slower and thankful that I run in a weird class all by myself.

Don't know what Porterbuilt offers but the front sway bar from ECE will definitely improve your handling with a big lump of iron in the front. My truck is dropped 3.5 in in front and 5 in in the rear but ride height is stock due to 17 in rims and 60 series tires.
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
n8r67

Re: 67 8.1 big block build looking for suspensions opinions experiences pros and cons

Thanks alot. Thats the kind of info im looking for. I really lime the concept of the c4 stuff but im affraid it just wont mesh right with the extr weight. Ill look at some ece stuff
n8r67 is offline   Reply With Quote