The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
PBFAB.COM

Exclamation Please Read. Possible Fraud

Specialty Suspenion is Not an authorized Porterbuilt dealer. We have ZERO order history with them. If anybody has an open order for Porterbuilt products through them, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY. Sales@pbfab.com

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
PBFAB.COM

Re: Please Read. Possible Fraud

More details regarding Specialty Suspension:

We were recently made aware on one of the forums that there was an individual that had been waiting “8 months” for one of our production kits. He had stated that his builder had told him that we were giving them the runaround and were unable to deliver the product.

I was able to get in touch with the individual to discuss the details of the order in an attempt to rectify the situation. After discussing the details of the order, we were able to determine that there had not been an order placed by his builder. He mentioned that his builder had ordered the parts from one of our distributors.

I was able to get in contact with the builder to try and find out more details. He purchased three Porterbuilt front kits and one rear kit from Specialty Suspension back in October of 2013, and had not yet received his parts. However, Specialty Suspension never placed an order through us for these parts, as a matter of fact, Specialty Suspension has never ordered any parts through us. We did some more searching in our email data base and found that Specialty Suspension had sent us an email looking for a quote on Dec. 3rd 2013. We sent the quote over on the 4th. We then received another email January 28th 2014 asking to place an order for one front and one rear to be shipped to the builder in question. We were asked to provide them with a total before processing the order. We sent the requested information the 29th and never received a reply, and the order was never processed.

When I told the builder that we had zero order history with Specialty Suspension he was very surprised. He provided me with emails that he was forwarded by Specialty Suspension that were supposedly from Porterbuilt apologizing for the delays and making several excuses. He forwarded me the emails. To my surprise, Specialty Suspension had created an email account to impersonate us, and forge emails from Porterbuilt, to send to their customers. The extent and thought that went into it is alarming. Specialty Suspension used our name and reputation to defraud a customer, and then threw us under the bus and drug us through the mud.

I wanted to share our experience in an effort to warn others who may be thinking about doing business with this company. If they were willing to do this to one of their good customers, they will be willing to do the same thing to anybody.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:24 AM   #3
Rod Run

Wow!!
Old 04-29-2014, 12:34 AM   #4
Ironangel

Hope you nail them, hard!
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:04 AM   #5
mr48chev

That is just wrong.

In a previous job it was my task to order parts for a large food (apple sauce and juices) processing plant. If I didn't have a local source or know the source I needed to go to I would call the manufacture and ask who I should buy their product through. Some sold direct but most went though their tried and true distributors. Calling the distributor I'd get the same thing, some sold direct and some only sold though their vendors in certain areas. Often as not, the local vendor was one of my regular vendors who didn't have that product on their line sheet but could easily get it.

My wonderment is why the so called "bulder" didn't contact you in the first place to either see if he could buy direct or find out who you suggested he buy through. My WAG is that he was used to getting what he thought was a serious discount though Specialty Suspension on their products and thought he could get the same discount on your setup and they found out that they didn't have room to buy it and sell it to him at their profit level so they slung him along.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:52 AM   #6
BigMike

That sucks!

I cannot stand manipulative, sneaky, two-faces, lying POS, thieving people. Why can't people just try to make their own F@%&ING $$$ instead of taking from those of us who do? And then try to destroy a well known hard working company like Porterbuilt in the process, just to make a few bucks...REALLY?? I mean, how long did they think they could pull it off before it bites them in the brown-eye? It just pi$$es me off to no end. Sorry you have to deal with this crap Nate, I hope you can get it fixed.

I hope someday to be able to buy your front & rear dropmember kits, and believe me I will call you direct when I do.

Karma is a BIATCH best served cold!

Mike
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:04 AM   #7
orngsikL

damn
instagram -
@esso_c10
@projectpawpaw
orngsikL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #8
c10Dream'n

down right dirty!!!!!!!
c10Dream'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #9
54blackhornet

I am a firm believer in bring back the Guillotine ! It worked well in France for hundreds of years ! Crime is becoming so common place that I see no end in sight. Off with a few heads and watch how things will change !
Old 05-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #10
truckdude239

ttt

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote