The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #126
twillie2460

Re: taking two cabs to make one good cab

I picked up today a instrument cluster from a local old chevy guy and a 5 in. Autometer tach. The cluster is not a show piece but it does have Autometer gauges in it and I got both for the price it would had taken to get just the gauges for the cluster alone. So I took three clusters and made the best I could get from that. I hop0e to get it in my truck kind like it is pictured, not much clearence to see the turn signals but it should do ok I think.
Attached Images

twillie2460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #127
~Whitey~

coming along nice... that mat looks good in there.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #128
jmking9

Hey, where have I seen those gauges before It was nice meeting you today(despite the temp) Best of luck on your build. Lookin foward to seeing you on the road.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #129
twillie2460

I have got a couple of more things done, like I got in touch with the machine shop that is redoing my rear axles and hope to have them on the way back this week. I also got to work on the T-56 shifter reloaction project. The shifter rail is cut and now the transmission is well on it's way of being put back together. I will post a pic of it when I get it back into the shop. I put the rubber boots in for the steering column and brake booster push rod and the rubbers on the clucth and brake pedal.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #130
twillie2460

Another milestone for me as I finally got my T-56 back with the shifter moved to the foward inspection plate. Also installed a new 5th 6th gear cluster at a cost of $210 for the gear. That on top of the $300 for the Keisler Engineering Shifter reloaction kits and the cost of the tranmission itself made this a fairly costly tranmission. $1500 so far and I still need a clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, flywheel and the hydrolics setup to active the cluctch yet to be had. Not sure I would not had been better off staying with the auto but no going back as this point. Oh I forgot the cost of the pedal assembly. But I will soon marry this to the motor and place this in my truck. But here is the nice and pretty and pretty coslty monster.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #131
twillie2460

Got my engine off the engine stand today and did a mach setup with the T-56 and other stuff. I must be took back down but have several more parts to fit first. Have to get my new Vintage polshied Ac pump mounted and still have to get a power steering pump and get it moutned to make sure how everything is going to fit. So got a bit to do before I really put it all together but I still like the idea of it being put together. The headers are the old ones just cleaned up and fresh coat of hi temp paint as can't see spending money on a new set as soon as I get all the bugs worked out I hope to start looking for a ls type motor to put in.
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #132
twillie2460

I am going to post this question in both threads this one and taking two cabs to make one good one. Anyway I went to the parts store this morning to get a throwout bearing for the mid 90's T-56 trans and was told it was $182.00 or something like that anyway. I can buy the whole kit clutch, pressure platre and throwout bearing for $219.00. I am postive there are many throwout bearings that would work just fine and if I told them something other than mid 90's Camaro I can get the price of this bearing for fraction of what the what and it will still work just like a throwout bearning should.
So here is the question what bearing would I want to use as a I have a mid 90' Vortec motor and a mid 90's T-56 trans that cost me an arm and a leg? I would bet this has been done before and someone already knows what to get without getting ripped by the parts store again.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #133
twillie2460

The deal of the day and yes it was my lucky day as I bought a original factory tach for 50 bucks. Can't beat deals like this.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #134
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillie2460 View Post
The deal of the day and yes it was my lucky day as I bought a original factory tach for 50 bucks. Can't beat deals like this.
Heck of a deal! I'll give your money back
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #135
twillie2460

I know the 5 in Autometer 10k with shift light tach is temping but I am still going to have to do with out it and use the factory 8k tack just because and her is a pic loosely set in place with my polshied steering column. I went ahead and used the dremmel tool to get the Autometer cages at the bottom all mounted. I have one spot left and not sure if I am to go with a vacumm or fuel pressure gage, leaning fuel pressure as someday hope to be injected.
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #136
twillie2460

Ok I know it has been for ever since I was last one but ran into problems and now must move past them to finsh this as it's been sitting way to long. Long story short I shipped my 6 lug axles out to be re-drilled to 5X5 partern only to never get them back. Now I must have to replace them. I went and looked at a site and one of the first thing was ask was how long are they and what spline. Since I don't have them any more I can't measure them or count the teeth on the spline. I need to know what these two are and I just assume that it is the original rearend. Anyone knows these numbers or got a idea how i make sure what axles I need to put back in to get the proper fit with a 5X5 partern.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #137
72 tigger

You may want to post a new thread and ask the question about your axles- I'm sure you'll get the answer
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #138
67c10rustbuket

I don't recall, but assuming your rear is a 67-69 this is exactly what you need.

http://www.moserengineering.com/axle...spline-31.html

If your rear is a 1970 there were two different length housings so best to check the code stamped on top of the passenger axle tube or put a tape measure on it to make sure. I can get a measurement for comparison if needed, I had a pic of mine (70 wide rear) with a tape measure on it but lost the pic... Doh!

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car

Last edited by 67c10rustbuket; 05-13-2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Correction
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote