The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
THoeler

Rochester Q-Jet Stamped Holley...Im puzzled

Been a motorhead,mostly BBC and SBC all my life. Rebuilt and built more motors than I can count. I'm starting to get into late LS and computer stuff, but still can't pass up a good deal on a gen I motor. I just picked up a 70 350 "010" code motor with a TH350 and 65K original on it for 500. I'm looking to sneak a 700r4 on it because the 3:73 with the SM465 runs out of gear in my driveway and the TH350 isn't going to make things better. I've always been a stick man and at 51 realize people change. So, no big surprises until I go to look at the linkage on the carb to setup the new TV cable. I've seen hundreds of Q-jets in my life and have been known to throw them at people in my shop when they piss me off. The donor truck ran well with it and I have three boys in college, you know the rest. I start cleaning the thing and it is tamped Holley on the front of the top cover. So I say, WTF...did I miss or forget something? Help me here brothers in C!0...might need some hand holding on the driveline with the SM 465 to 700r4 conversion if anyone knows.
THoeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
68Gold/white

Re: Rochester Q-Jet Stamped Holley...Im puzzled

Got a picture???

It's not likely a Q-Jet. Holley used to make some carbs that look a little like a Q-Jet, but are NOT. If you have what I believe you have, it's a Holley economaster. Not a bad carb. Would be good for a 305, 283, etc. 450 CFM, made for MPG in late 70's early 80's when folks were desperate....They bolt up in place of a spread bore carb, as in a Q-Jet, may replace thermoquads also...
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #3
geezer#99

Re: Rochester Q-Jet Stamped Holley...Im puzzled

It is likely a quadrajet!!
Holley remanufactured all kinds of carbs including the quadrajet. Holley stamps their name on it.
Here's one on Jeg's.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Holley/510/65-...rentProductId=
geezer#99 is online now   Reply With Quote