The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
Chrome8

Anybody want to build a chassis for me?

Ok, last summer me and a good friend of mine went on a road trip after a survivor rust free 69 GMC C20. We had fun, brought the truck back and now there it sits in the shed. I really wasn't after a 2wd to begin with but this truck was so clean we had to save it, I mean it's completely rust free and you just don't see that in Minnesota. I also have a 69 K20 that was our shop's (Chevy Buick Dealer) Wrecker/shop truck since 1970 when it was bought just for that purpose. It's in the weeds just rotting away, the body is very rough. So the plan was that we would take the wrecker apart and build the chassis to do a body swap so I can end up with a 3/4 ton 4x4 which is what I originally started looking for. It would end up a little old, a little new with a 6.2L crate motor and a 6Lxx 6speed auto transmission. Getting this all done is the problem. I have the money for the parts, Chad has the mechanical skills and tools but we don't have the shop space to leave a truck torn down and apart overnight. We use every inch of the shop that we have now. Time is also an issue too, either one of us has much free time right now between work and our families to get this done. So, if there is someone on this board that would be willing to tear down the wrecker, blast the frame and axles etc. and paint everything. Install all new brakes, ball joints, springs, brake lines and yada yada yada. I would be interested in seeing how much that would cost. I'm not looking for the truck to be completely done just taken to the point where we could do a body swap in a weeks time or so. To the point where we can at least cover it up and roll it outside is what I'm looking for. Let me know if anyone might be interested in this kind of project. Thanks

Marc
Attached Images

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Confucius
Chrome8 is offline   Reply With Quote