The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
blubird

wrong doors ?

hey guys i bought a 67 c10 long bed stepside and just been doing research, the previous owner told me he replaced the front passenger side fender, but i think other things may be off, the doors on the truck have the mirrors more on the side and theres no sign of the original mounting holes

blubird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
71swb4x4

Re: wrong doors ?

A lot can happen in 47 years, including new mirrors and filling mirror holes. I wouldn't sweat it too much.
That passenger fender kind of looks like a 69-72 Chevy fender though. Is the front of the fender recessed for the 69-72 Chevy grille?
Old 06-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #3
hugger6933

Yeah how is the mirror holes being noticed and not the difference in the front fender end where the grille fits. Forgive me for the hard time I'm just funnin ya that is an awesome truck to have no matter about the gaps or mirrors. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
blubird

yeah i know the front passenger fender is at least a 68 since it has the side marker. it also has the custom/10 badge
Old 06-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #5
71swb4x4

69-72 fenders are different, and while they "bolt up" to the 67 and 68 front ends they are not compatible. The front of the fender is different. These photos that I took from another thread will show you the difference.

The 67-68 Chevy and GMC fenders are the top one. 69-72 GMC fenders are the same as the 67-68 fenders.
The 69-72 Chevrolet fenders are the bottom, the front of the fender is recessed to accommodate the grille.
Of course all 67 fenders have no marker light.
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #6
michael bustamante

In 67 the passenger door does not have a side mirror or the mount holes on base models. You might notice also theres only holes for a driver side sunvisor and probabaly no holes on the inside door panal for armrests. My base model 67 was missing all that but my 67 custom cab had all that i just listed.
If the door has the original 67 vent window ( no round mount hole) then the door is most likely an original
Old 06-13-2014, 12:38 AM   #7
blubird

Thanks guys I appreciate the help
Old 06-13-2014, 03:30 AM   #8
Hawssie

Those mirrors definitely are not factory so the holes wont be either. That is more typical then not on a truck of that age. Aftermarket mirror styles have changed over the years and people respond to these styles as an upgrade to what they have. Especially if your using the truck for towing or with a camper. I remember that style you have from years ago. And to have a truck that has not been restored and to still have the stock or stock style mirrors on it is uncommon. The stock sport style mirrors people like now on restored trucks are about worthless for towing and when you have a truck that is being used for work aftermarket mirrors make sense. But once the truck reaches "classic status" that all changes.
Hawssie is offline   Reply With Quote