The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
hotrodharley

ac components

have a 84 chevy c-30 crew cab;;put a 5.9 cummins in it;;want to put ac back on truck;;as if now i have the condensor[in front of radiator]mounted..the stock ac heater/ac box[evapator]still on firewall and controls still in dash for factory ac;;;what else do i need?i've just ordered a new sanden model u4735 ac compressor//drier and a A/C RECEIVER DRIER ACCUMULATER TUBE 34203 [Four Seasons]
what else do i need[a expension valve or orfix tube]hoses[sizes]fittings[sizes and types]anyone have a diagram of where everything is located[expansion valve/orfix tube[witch ever one i need or do i use both?]where the hoses go to?
i do have a vacume tube behind the ps pump so where and how do i hook it up so my ac will blow out correct location.?do i need a vacume reserveral?if so then do i just run hose from behind ps pump to the round ball looking vacume reserval i found on a 89 surbun[i can put on my truck very easy if needed] ANYTHING ELSE DO I NEED[PARTS]OR TO DO TO HAVE AC BACK ON MY TRUCK;;PICS HELPS ME;;CAN email to me at darksidefuelaltered@gmail.com or post on here for others to see also in case they trying do same as me;
hotrodharley is offline   Reply With Quote