The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2014, 12:26 AM   #13
sqrlnts

Re: larger front rims on a Task Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
To me wheels bigger than 16 inch just look silly on most older trucks. Part of that may be because the local tire stores seem to only be interested in selling the gaudiest, most garish and ugly 20 and + rims that they can can drag in as the local individuals who run them tend to like that in anything they have.
This one was for sale on craigslist a while back.
mr48chev, I agree with you completely. 99% of the 20" wheels I see are hideous. I do however like what I will call "pro touring" type wheels. Budnik, Weld RT-S, Boze, and a few Billet Specialities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmalone View Post
I've been wondering of the Rocket Hypershot 6 would fit with little issue myself. I think they only come in a 20x9 though. I wouldn't mind having a set to put on every now and then, but would probably run the 15x8 with wide whites like I do now most of the time.
I screwed around today and tried to mock up a fake 20x8 rim/tire. I could mount the mockup wheel/tire but once the truck was at ride height it became obvious it wouldn't work. If your running stock lowered front solid axle suspension, I would rethink the 9" wide part.

I have come to the conclusion that 20's wont work, not that I really wanted a wheel that big but found a good looking set cheap on craigslist, damn you craigslist. I like the front wheel well to have as much tire/wheel in it as possible, for me 15's dont really cut it. My 6x139.7 bolt pattern and odd 3.56" hub OD almost guarantee's the need for a spacer.

I think the smart route, for me, will be to save the money and put it toward my front suspension redo budget which, will require new wheels!!!
Now I just need to figure out how to incorporate a 5x4.5 lug pattern into the mix because, there are a TON of 5x114 wheels out there.
sqrlnts is offline   Reply With Quote