The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2004, 12:12 AM   #1
BOSS
Just here to help

Angry Carefull who you deal with!!

I took my 67 buckets to a friens of a friens to have them recovered about 3 weeks ago.Well i told him i was in no hurry,just wanted a good job.I have seen some of his work before and really liked it.Well as i went over there tonight to see how he was getting on them well....................found out he is in JAIL(drugs i heard) and dont know if he will be getting out or not.Part of me wants him to be put away for a very long time but the problem is that i have paid him to do the work already and really need my seats done.I did get the seats back and he hasny done anything to them.Just goes to show becareful who you deal with.Wish i had known.

P.S. I was going to go with black cloth with red flames on the seats.What do you think that would have looked like?I think it would have been old school and cool!!

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:14 AM   #2
dinnut

ur not getting ur money back? that SUCKS! how long do you think he will be in for?
Old 01-12-2004, 02:28 AM   #3
djracer

Don't ever pay till its done maybe pay for materials but not labor! I hate it when someone pays me upfront!

Special Thanks to All who have helped on the TRUCK!

My Pass Time Show http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...Chapter1-0.mp4

So Far my best Times are:

Motor only:
6.44 1/8 @ 104.13
10.39 1/4 @ 125.83

Nitrous Times:
5.785 1/8 @ 118.65 with a 1.336 60ft
9.168 1/4 @ 142.58 with a 250 shot dead out of the hole!
djracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 02:44 AM   #4
gonebad2
Merciless Butcher

That really sucks....I recently met a guy that is in his mid 70's that is doing my upholstery work.(hope he's not into some ill stuff..lol). Nawww, this guy does awesome work. He says he won't do cars anymore because he's getting too old to crawl around in them( he has for me.....I think he likes having someone around to talk to.....Everytime I go to his house, it's a minimum 3 hour stay). He does mainly high end furniture. I take the stuff to him in pieces, he stitches it together( it takes forever mind you) but this guy has an incredible work ethic and is very talented. He's been doing upholstery work for over 60 years and is the first guy I've run into around here that REALLY knows how to work with leather. I bought two Connolly hydes (tan). So far, he has done both door panels and a headliner. He never wants the money until he is done and is sure I am satisfied with his work. After reading this post, I feel very fortunate to have met him.

Last edited by gonebad2; 01-12-2004 at 02:50 AM.
gonebad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:34 PM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

never give anyone a down payment of more than a third when they work on your car

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:21 PM   #6
miket

Did the cops confiscate any of his stuff....including your seats?

Evergreen Protective Coatings
Gatorhyde...the best kept secret in spray in bed lining & protection
miket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:32 PM   #7
Mrs72shadetree
YES ITS MINE

Sorry to hear about your bad luck!. I think the black and red would look great! been thinking about doing mine black with a purple bowtie in the center ...my brother in law has been doing car upholstry for 20 years and he is the best in the area, he has been mentioned in several mags for the hot rods he has done.

GO DALE JR.!!!!

I love chihuahua's

Bassett, Va
Mrs72shadetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 05:44 PM   #8
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

dayum purp , that sucks darlin .... black with the flames would be cool lookin imo . maybe its just a minor charge and he can do them in a few weeks.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:17 PM   #9
Pilgrim

Suggest you talk to his prospective probation officer. They have several ways of applying pressure on these scum bags!!
Old 01-12-2004, 08:26 PM   #10
BOSS
Just here to help

Was supposed to hear something today but nothing so far.I am hopeing that he will still be able to do them when(or if) he gets out.I heard that some thieves where takeing some of his stuff after he got arrested but lucky enough i was able to get my stuff(seats,door panels,and arm rest)and bring them home.

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote