The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-13-2004, 01:51 PM   #1
Low69CST

Braided AN line to the fuel tank

I was thinking of running braided steel line from the mech. fuel pump all the way back to the tank under the bed. I have a stock blazer tank and sending unit. Will braided line slide up on the barbed end of the sending unit or is there some other thing to do to attach them? Thanks
Quad Suspension and Dual Tanks
Low69CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 04:38 PM   #2
Bowtiefreak

The proper way to connect braided and steel line together is to get a -an hardline to braided line adapter and a union fitting.
First you need to cut the hose barb end off with a tubing cutter. JUST the nipple area on the blazer tank.
Second, slide the hex nut over the line followed by the bushing. DO NOT do this backwards or you will need to recut the line again and start over.
Third, get a 37 degree flaring tool and flare the end of the line. It must be a 37 degree tool or it WILL leak on you if you use a standard 42-45 degree tool.
Fourth, tighten the union and the tube bushing/nut together.
Fifth, tighten the union's other end to the braided line Proviiding that you already have a hose end nut on the braided line.

And last, please don't just slide the braided line over the hose nipple and secure it with a hose clamp. Braided line dosen't collapse like regular rubber line. It will work its way off the nipple over time.

This is a real easy process to do. I have plumbed alot of vehicles over the years. Let me know if you need anything else.

Bowtie
Bowtiefreak is offline   Reply With Quote