The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #1
lloydchristmas

Awesome 86 K10

I'm looking at one for sale here in OK. The truck looks immaculate, maybe one notch below show quality. Owner claims only 75K original miles(it's believable considering the condition), black short bed w/350 manual locks, Windows, hubs and no AC from the factory. It has fairly new 33" BFG AT's. The truck has zero rust, I believe it has lived in California it's whole existence until very recently.
They are asking 10k, seems a bit pricey, but the truck is very nice looking.

Few questions:
Are there any good aftermarket AC options?
Is there anything I should specifically look for in terms of issues with the truck?
What kind of gas mileage should I expect ? 10 mpg?
lloydchristmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
xole

Re: Awesome 86 K10

Pictures?
Sounds a lot like mine, 86 K10 Custom Deluxe. Unless there is proof the odometer has not been around a few times or has not been changed out it does not mean much.

It is an old truck and it will break or need work....and when you get the bug and do all the "while you are in there" things it adds up, especially if it is not optioned like you want (air, tilt column, power window/doors, etc.).

The price sounds high for a base model truck. But it really depends on what it is worth to you. I would just advise you to add the cost of what you think you want to do with it and compare that to buying a truck with the options you want already in.

Vintage Air is your best option for air.

The 86 is a tweener as GM was changing some things so there will be some items you will need to be careful with if you ever consider changing out the engine (such as the flywheel). 86 is also the last year before throttle body and if not cared for the carb/intake might need some tlc and a lot of folks dont understand them anymore.

Mileage will vary based on drive train options and driving styles but you are most likely pretty close.

If it was born a California truck it may have some special smog gear as well if still intact.
'08 Lexus LS 460
xole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
lloydchristmas

Appreciate the info
I'll upload some pics later
lloydchristmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:44 AM   #4
andrewmp6

Low mileage in something this old kinda take with a grain of salt,It could be true or total bull.Upload all the pictures you got of it,Under hood and under it showing the frame and everything can tell if its really low miles or not.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote