The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Ouch $180 now for a chassis cert

When is NHRA going to give us little guys a break!!! Trying to get everything in the Nova back current and the SFI and NHRA bull$#!+ is going to get into my pocket about a grand. for NOTHING but because there are dumbasses that will try to run a set of old belts 15 years old,, I have to toss a set that I strapped in to FOUR times!!! and Have to have a trans stripped and X-rayed that has just over 40 passes. New window net, Will have up update my 4B license before January...

I really believe it STARTED with good intention to keep STUPID people from causing themselves and others harm. Now it's just another way for NHRA to bilk the grass roots racers to further promote the JohnForce show!

NO WONDER more and more tracks are going IHRA and telling NHRA to STICK IT!!!

But that's just another HUGE complication. IHRA will not accept NHRA chassis cert or drivers license,,, So in a state with only 2 tracks, one NHRA and one IHRA,, you have to have DUAL everything. This is getting STUPID!!!!

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
71Dragtruck

Re: Ouch $180 now for a chassis cert

I hear you marv, I have 3 sets of mint condition belts at home, one set only has 4 runs on them, stored in a heated garage no sun. Trans shield not a scratch on it and a helmet with zero dings.

My truck goes in next month to make my roll bar into a full cage and then going to cert, on top of that will be time for belts yet again, trans shield, window net, and have to go to a new suit.

Now I'm depressed LOL.
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs
71Dragtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:33 AM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Ya, hate to say it but I'll never bother passing full tech at a strip, just have my fun and let em kick me out. I enjoy building 10-12second street cars, emphasis on street.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:37 AM   #4
IIGW

NHRA doesnt like little guys. period.
IIGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:38 AM   #5
vin63
It's Better With Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
When is NHRA going to give us little guys a break!!! Trying to get everything in the Nova back current and the SFI and NHRA bull$#!+ is going to get into my pocket about a grand. for NOTHING but because there are dumbasses that will try to run a set of old belts 15 years old,, I have to toss a set that I strapped in to FOUR times!!! and Have to have a trans stripped and X-rayed that has just over 40 passes. New window net, Will have up update my 4B license before January...

I really believe it STARTED with good intention to keep STUPID people from causing themselves and others harm. Now it's just another way for NHRA to bilk the grass roots racers to further promote the JohnForce show!

NO WONDER more and more tracks are going IHRA and telling NHRA to STICK IT!!!

But that's just another HUGE complication. IHRA will not accept NHRA chassis cert or drivers license,,, So in a state with only 2 tracks, one NHRA and one IHRA,, you have to have DUAL everything. This is getting STUPID!!!!
Marv, let me know what you have in the way of driver restraints and window net, so I can see if I can save you some headaches and expense. I do a lot of re-certifications as part of being a DJ Safety and Deist Safety rep. I'll send you a PM with my contact info. I hear ya about the chassis cert - $300 for a Pro sticker for my funny car chassis...ugh!
Tubular front and rear suspension
Custom 6-piston front disc and 4-piston rear disc brakes
vin63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #6
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Im coming up due and i always do it at the bracket finals . They just set up and check them their . The belt thing is crazy to me . My truck runs 10.20s or so and has to have belts every 2 years , but factory belts are good for 40 ? Gets expensive .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #7
regan wilson

I'm putting a new set in today. I got lucky and they will get me by until Nov of 16 so they will get me through two seasons. I have to meet up with the chassis inspector in two weeks in Shreveport La. I'm remembering how expensive this stuff is. If I win the race it wont even touch what I have spent in the last six months.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Frig John Farce...

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #9
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by regan wilson View Post
I'm putting a new set in today. I got lucky and they will get me by until Nov of 16 so they will get me through two seasons. I have to meet up with the chassis inspector in two weeks in Shreveport La. I'm remembering how expensive this stuff is. If I win the race it wont even touch what I have spent in the last six months.
I race alot and i have been fortunate this year , but make money this year .....no way . The broke motor cured that problem .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote