The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-05-2014, 01:17 AM   #1
low&slow
Account Suspended

Lost power to my power wires in cab

Well I have been doing some minor changes to my interior such as adding lots of switches. Each switch is wired basically the same as it was originally wired except to a switch now.

Now for my issue. I got the headlights and dimmer switch wires wired together and before putting the wires on the switch, I touched the positive wire to the lights wires and the lights came on. Which was good because I added about 2 feet of wire to each wire to be longer to go to my console. Well here's where I'm lost, one second the lights work, then I put them on the switch, and the lights don't work. I take the wires off the switch and the lights still don't work.

So I ran a test light on everything, battery, headlights, fuse block on inside and outside of cab, everything has power. The positive wire on the fuse block is getting power. None of the fuses are blown. So I took off the 2 feet of wire I added to each wire and now I have about 1 foot of original wire going from the fuse block to the original location and I don't have power.

What's going on here?
How can one second I have power, and next second I don't?
And how can I have power off the positive wire that's connected to the fuse block, but on the other end not have power?
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote