The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
flyngti

Looking for opinions on truck value

Howdy

A few years back, I got a 1969 GMC 3/4 ton and introduced it here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=497274 . Things have changed and I'm getting pressure from the spousal unit to sell it. We're up to three trucks now and one of them has to go. The old GMC got the short straw so it's going up on the block soon.

Since I started that thread in 2011, I've rebuilt the 307 (new pistons, bearings, cam, lifters, first overbore) and put on an Edelbrock Performer manifold, Edelbrock carb. It's got less than 500 miles on the rebuild and new clutch on a resurfaced flywheel. I also put on a class IV hitch, a Tekonsha electric brake controller and Airlift Loadlifter 5000 rear air bags for hauling and towing. The brakes were redone (new shoes, cylinders, drums turned) right before I got the truck. Up until fairly recently, I regularly towed a 5000lb dump trailer and have hauled many loads of firewood and gravel.

What do you think is a reasonable price to ask for this truck? I live in Washington state. It would also come with a set of rust-free doors, 2 instrument clusters, power steering setup (pump, pulleys, steering box) and some other misc parts I never had a chance to install.
flyngti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #2
1972BlueC20

Re: Looking for opinions on truck value

Hello from Houston, Texas

First let me say cool truck....you don't see many step side 3/4 tons out there!

it's hard to put a value on something like that because of the condition and the model ect... and especially because the owner will always think its worth more than the buyer will most times....LOL

Being that its in rough condition, meaning it needs interior work, paint, body work and work under the hood ( I know you said the motor was rebuilt ) which is great, but if the engine bay is still worn out looking it will still scare some people away who don't want to do a lot of work....also because most people are looking for c10 models....I can't imagine it selling for more than $2,500 to $3K and that's if someone just really wants that particular truck and model....

I may be way off, but i'm just going off what I've seen....it may even be worth less.....

I don't know about the mechanical condition and that's a big unknown...

Anyways...cool truck none the less and I wish you the best in selling it...

this post will probably be taken down soon though by the mods LOL