The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2014, 12:10 AM   #8
PLYONS11

Re: Pre bent brake lines questions 3/4 ton LB

Well, I ended up giving up on trying to find a pre bent line set and just did it myself. I did call a few of the big vendors and basically I found that none of them made a set that fit my application. It seems that no one makes a set for a 3/4 ton LB with the Dana 60 rear end.

I would have ended up modifying the set anyway I'm sure. When I start modifying and do power brakes I'm sure I would have torn it up. This way I only have a small amount of cash put in and won't stress over tearing it up to change it in the future.

I would recommend to anyone that's going to bend their own lines to invest in a tube straighter or make a diy straightener. I tried all the tricks posted here and all over the web and I just couldn't get it straight enough to my liking. I do however think that if I wasn't under a time crunch I could make myself a decent straightener for a small cost. When I end up trying this I'll be sure to start a post if it works!!!
PLYONS11 is offline   Reply With Quote