The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #26
Firebirdjones

Re: How large of a spare tire will this fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpavelko View Post
I have a 35x12.5 tire I wanted to try and fit. I Think I may want the factory swing away rack to replace this anyways. The Tire takes up way too much room inside the bed. I have an extra interior tire mount Now nad need to find a swing away type. Let me know how it turns out.
A 35??? Holy cow I'd say that would take up too much room, probably wouldn't be able to see out the rear view mirror
Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #27
themb2g

Quote:
I have a 35x12.5 tire I wanted to try and fit. I Think I may want the factory swing away rack to replace this anyways. The Tire takes up way too much room inside the bed. I have an extra interior tire mount Now nad need to find a swing away type. Let me know how it turns out.
Just sold my swing out for an inside carrier. I didnt like the idea of that heavy tire bumping up and down on what is soon to be the freshly painted and finished body work. it seemed like a bad idea. Good luck with yours!
themb2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #28
cpavelko

Finally had the opportunity to get the spare tire and rim cleaned up, painted and mounted.
I got a good deal on the setup:
$26 - 15x8 6 lug rally wheel from local junk yard
$65 - Brand new Hoosier 35x12.5x15 Tire fro the Big 3 Swap Meet
$15 - Mounted and balanced

I lined it up on the factory interior tire mount and it seemed to fit with the mount hole lining up with the bottom hole of the wheel. It didn't hit the seat or the side of the quarter. It did however take up too much room and I couldn't see out the back window. lol. I definately need a swing away type for the 35" tire. If anyone needs the interior mount please let me know. It is freshly painted black.
cpavelko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #29
Firebirdjones

Quote:
Finally had the opportunity to get the spare tire and rim cleaned up, painted and mounted.
I got a good deal on the setup:
$26 - 15x8 6 lug rally wheel from local junk yard
$65 - Brand new Hoosier 35x12.5x15 Tire fro the Big 3 Swap Meet
$15 - Mounted and balanced

I lined it up on the factory interior tire mount and it seemed to fit with the mount hole lining up with the bottom hole of the wheel. It didn't hit the seat or the side of the quarter. It did however take up too much room and I couldn't see out the back window. lol. I definately need a swing away type for the 35" tire. If anyone needs the interior mount please let me know. It is freshly painted black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
A 35??? Holy cow I'd say that would take up too much room, probably wouldn't be able to see out the rear view mirror

Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #30
Senorx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
I'm thinking along those same lines. To put my 31x10.5 in there, I bought a longer carraige bolt to make up for the angle. My carrier also has a single hole instead of a slot, so I had to make up for the angle since the center of the wheel sits higher than intended.

To go to a 33, we are only talking a difference of 1" at the center of the rim. So my thoughts are that it's probably do-able with a modified or longer carraige bolt. There is plenty of room for the tire itself, as I have about 6" to the side of the CST panel in the truck right now with the 31" tire.

No worries, I'll post a new thread about it with pictures when I get that far.
Did you ever post a new thread? I did a search, but couldn't locate one. If I could only find a spare tire carrier.
Senorx is offline   Reply With Quote