The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-14-2004, 05:42 PM   #26
lewi

This is the only board I frequent and agree that what I enjoy is the helpfullness of the members. I personally have not noticed a difference recently, an occasional zinger here and there I have always noticed. One concern I have is that sometimes when I read the responses it seems like a bunch of "stepford wives" type responses. I for one believe that other peoples opinions are helpful most often when they are different than mine. I am not saying they have to be rude just different.

Built to use, and look good.
lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:27 PM   #27
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally posted by lewi
.... One concern I have is that sometimes when I read the responses it seems like a bunch of "stepford wives" type responses. I for one believe that other peoples opinions are helpful most often when they are different than mine. I am not saying they have to be rude just different.
You lost me on this one. Sometimes it's good to know other people have gone through the same problem or issues. It helps you maintain your sanity.

I've been struggling w/the linkage on my 3spd column lately. Several board members responded that they too had experienced the same thing & each posted their stories. Some did the exact same things I had posted about trying, yet I was able to sort through all their input & try different avenues of thought that I hadn't considered.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:11 PM   #28
ILIVE4TRUCKS
AKA Phillip Johnson, AKA BANNED!

with everything said, when is Phil Johnson going to be let back on the site? Fair is fair. HE is on Wes's site with no problems. I think everyone should be treated by the same rules here. Heck, he didnt even have a naked avitar! Just a few guys pissed him off and he posted back. He is gone and they are still here. Not right in my book.
Amen brothers.......

Last edited by ILIVE4TRUCKS; 01-14-2004 at 09:15 PM.
ILIVE4TRUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:11 PM   #29
1969 GMC

there have been a few "ugly" instances as of late that I can think of off the top of my head, and its best to just let your anger settle before posting anything. if you frequent the 4x4 board, you will know what I mean.
just use your head folks! (and to all those who have me blocked, I will try a little of my own medicine).
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:34 PM   #30
dinnut

i agree with most everything said here. and have noticed some of this. i try not to partake and will even try to calm the situation down before it arises into too big of an ordeal.
people arent bashing those nice trucks, they are "critiquing(sp?)" them. that is some of what we are here for afterall this is board about trucks, right? i have seen some of what happens on other boards and i am surprised some folks havent tried some of the stuff ive seen. on other boards ive been to people call other people out and and swear at them and cuss at them and do all things like that. i think that is stupid because there is no need for all of that. we get along fine here without all the bickering and yelling and such. the first time i really saw some of this on this board was the h2 thread with phillip johnson and i tried to calm everybody down and the thread spun out of control and 2 members were banned because of that. nice to see that josh can see that some people need to be banned because they have big mouths. there is no need for this. after all this is a truck board, we talk about trucks, keep the other stuff in teh gd or political section. right? also i dont like it when somebody points out how stupid i am or the like beacuse i dont know something or i tell somebody something and i didnt know something that is important about it and instantly i get called stupid? what is that? i mean comon were here to talk trucks and not b*tch at other people because were smarter than them!

this is possibly the longest response ive written in a long time
Old 01-14-2004, 11:53 PM   #31
CPNE
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally posted by dinnut
...also i dont like it when somebody points out how stupid i am or the like beacuse i dont know something or i tell somebody something and i didnt know something that is important about it and instantly i get called stupid? what is that? i mean comon were here to talk trucks and not b*tch at other people because were smarter than them!...
Dinnut, I know of the instance you are referrng to I'm glad you said something. If it had been me in your shoes I'd have shot right back and you didn't. You're a better man than I. Lord knows I've gotten it on a few times. As for the remark you allude to, in retrospect, I think it was ill chosen words by this individual and not really meant to be as pompous as it sounded at the time. My 2 cents

67 Chevy SWB 2WD stepside 350/3 on tree (Pat's)
67 GMC SWB 2WD Fleet 402/auto (Brian's under construction)
67 Chevy 3/4 ton 2WD 402/auto (Business Hauler)
67 Chevy 1 ton dually 2WD 396/4 speed (Former business hauler, Needs TLC)
68 Chevy 1/2 ton Suburban 2WD 250 six/3 on tree (Brian's Needs TLC)
70 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD 350/4 speed (Pat's - Disguised as a 68 GMC)
71 Chevy SWB stepside (Crushed by tree - parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD (Parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD Suburban (Parts Donor)
72 GMC 3/4 ton 4WD 292 six/4 speed (Mine - Disguised as a 67 GMC)
81 GMC 4WD Dually Dump Body 350/4 speed (Business Hauler)
82 Camaro Z/28 355/Super T-10 (Pat's toy)
93 Caprice 9C1 (Brian's Cop Car)
02 Toyota Camry (Reliable but a souless steel and plastic hulk)
2011 2SS RS Camaro M6 Factory Hurst Shifter

Maybe I need to sell some of this crap

Yet another Bozo with a sawz-all
CPNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:03 AM   #32
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Well Dinnut if it was my comment about the speed warning buzzer, I apologize to you. It did say speedwarning buzzer on the top of the thread. Sorry!
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:40 AM   #33
cableguy0

judging by some threads posted here that originated from other boards where it seems the whole board is an ignorant bunch of little kids. i have to say this board must be the most civilized easy going good natured board on the net anywhere. i know i myself sometimes have strong opinions on things but opinions are like @ssholes everybody has one and everyone is entitled to it regardless of who thinks they are right or wrong.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:42 AM   #34
Canadian694x4
Born To Lose Club

Location: Calgary, Alberta/Oxenden, Ontario, Great White North
I think this place is Great...there's already to many far worse boards out there were flaming and *****in' everyone is mandatory...and That's Hurtin'...Thanks Josh For This Great Board!
1972 GMC K2500 Custom LWB Fleetside - Proud Owner For 2 Yrs - 1 of 571 Built & Sold In Canada! - 350 V8/SM465/NP205, 4” Rough Country Lift, 33” Interco TSL Thornbirds
2007.5 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD 4x4 - Proud Owner For 15 Yrs
- 6.6L V8 Duramax Diesel/Allison 1000, 2" Lift, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ's.
2008 Yamaha Raptor 700r - Proud Owner For 13 Yrs - ITP Mud Lites.
2015 John Deere 1025R - Proud Owner For 6 Yrs - 24HP Diesel/H120/54D/260B/SB1154.
Canadian694x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:04 AM   #35
casey

O MY GOD were becoming a family, respectful opposition is healthy, I've gotten great advice from this board, by people trashing an idea I had, but it gives you great perpective, I'm not a flamer, but have a weird sence of humour, hope it doesn't offend anyone
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:25 AM   #36
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Quote:
Originally posted by casey
I'm not a flamer..........
We like you no matter which way you bat.

Just hackin on ya man.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:44 AM   #37
Blue_71
Bloo

that pissing match wouldnt have been the deal with me over the cummins diesel would it tx firefighter?
1971 Chevy Custom/10 (first truck) 350, NV3500 5 speed
1971 Chevy K20 Custom Camper 4x4 350 TBI, SM465/NP205
1974 Chevy Custom Deluxe/10
1979 Chevy Custom Deluxe K10 farm truck beater
1989 Chevy K2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson, Cause I'm a country boy
35s whinin on the asphalt, grabbin mud, throwin up some red dirt
R.I.P. Michael Stilts... I will always love and miss you brother! (9-12-80, murdered 4-9-05)
Blue_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:48 AM   #38
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

No, not at all. It was another deal entirely.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:59 AM   #39
Blue_71
Bloo

woopsie hehe, i know they say whats done is done but i would like to apologize for my comments on the diesel thing
Blue_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 02:19 AM   #40
MJN

I've noticed only a little recently. Some people get all excited if you don't read every word or miss something in there post. I enjoy coming and reading the board and have learned a lot of stuff I wouldn't have ever known about these trucks. But when someone gets excited over a reply that indirectly repeats part of the main post it starts to lose it's value. There shouldn't be any arguing over whats better than something else or how much you're against something. Just offer your opinion on the subject if it's asked for and keep it to yourself if it's not. Not sure if any of this makes sense but I hope it does to someone. Thanks Josh for keepin this board the way it is and a place to talk trucks to someone who enjoys them as much as you do.
'72 GMC Sierra Custom K2500- in progress
'08 GMC Envoy Denali
'12 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
'17 GMC Yukon XL
VCCA member #58596
http://www.nohrco.com
MJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:22 PM   #41
jorgensensc

WOW, This thread hsa gotten more responses than I thought it would. I have to agree with everyone here that this is in fact an incredible board, and Josh does an outstanding job. I do understand that there are other boards that are much worse than I could imagine, and maybe it was because of the funky winter weather, but I started to see a trend, and I wanted to 'nip it in the bud' so that this will continue to be a Great board! Lord knows I'm not trying to be Mr. Politically Correct (I don't think that's even possible for me), and no one here has to respect anyone else, but I just wanted to give a little reminder to treat everyone with a little dignity. Thanks for the great responses, and thanks again Josh for a great board!
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:35 PM   #42
landon4421
Life is Good !

OK group hug everyone ! Now back to the truck talk hey !

J/K everyone ! I love this board and yes a lot of things have changed on this board in the last year ! But what do you expect from such a great board ! I am going to start some drama now have a good day everyone !
'14 Honda Accord Sport "commuter"
landon4421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:41 PM   #43
Alexis
Member since 2000

I remember the old days of this board........I couldn't type for sht, still can't but hey.
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:51 PM   #44
Spoof

I've been here awhile and it's always been a friendly, mature board. There have been episodes in the past which have stirred up a lot of muck and usually one or two individuals who are just downright antagonistic.
The first time I read a nasty, smarmy post I was shocked as I had never heard a discouraging word for at least the first year I was a member. After frequenting other message boards nothing shocks me now. I agree sometimes friendly flaming between buddies shocks those who don't get the joke ( my bad)

All in all the board is the same helpful, good neighbour type thing it always was. It's kind of like a watering hole, every once in a while some blowhard is going to stir the pot and get booted out ( I think I had a hat when I came in!)
Josh has done a bang up job and deserves a lot of credit and gratitude for what this board has given us. Kudos to Josh.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:58 AM   #45
dinnut

just found this thread again! takin it back to the top because this thread is worth being brought back to the top
Old 01-18-2004, 11:56 AM   #46
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

I have found it better to not reply to thread's that are irritating and move on to something else...The only board member I had a problem with was dinnut he miseinterpted what I said we p.m. ed each other and it was resolved.....This board is great with very informative people who know these truck's inside and out.... I would like to thank everyone for helping me out with ?'s I have had and treating me with respect IT'S HARD TO FIND THESE DAY'S.. Everyone keep up the good work and let's have another great year!!!

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 03:52 PM   #47
dinnut

yeah i remember that frenchblue72. it was just that when you said that, people had been saying stuff like that to me lately. and i had had a bad day. its no big deal and nothing i would ever hold against you
Old 01-18-2004, 04:16 PM   #48
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

i am a heavy poster.....heavy guy too.....DOHOO....just giving my two cents.....
i don't clame to be a master mechanic but have been around the block a couple of time's....

even master's can be wrong...who even care's

but thats not the point

just take everybody's point of view and come up with your own way....

thats why they make all kinds of different products and trucks
so every body will be happy

we don't have to try to keep up with any body here.....
work at your own pace and have fun doing it

I apologize to you if i have ever made you mad....the rage
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 05:05 PM   #49
gman

I've noticed what everyone is referring to. Its happened to me a couple times but I just ignor it, apologize or don't respond. It certainly gets the blood boilin' but I refrain from replying negatively since it does no good. This is the only forum I frequent since I don't have much free time so I have nothing to compare it to. I know I've never flamed anyone here since I don't have the type of knowledge that some of you here do. The board has been an immense help to me and I thank everyone for it. The vast majority of people on here are great people that I'd buy a beer or two for anyday of the week. Thanks!