The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
IHutch5R

235 i6 help please!!

Finally got the 235 i6 in my 62' SWB running while I'm building the 350 I got for it. I may be brain farting here.. But I cannot find the throttle adjustment screw. I know them to be on the carb. Does anyone know where it's at, maybe a picture that shows. Thanks
IHutch5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
Budman56

Thumbs up Re: 235 i6 help please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHutch5R View Post
Finally got the 235 i6 in my 62' SWB running while I'm building the 350 I got for it. I may be brain farting here.. But I cannot find the throttle adjustment screw. I know them to be on the carb. Does anyone know where it's at, maybe a picture that shows. Thanks
I have attached a photo of a single barrel carb I dont know if you have the same but the throttle adjustment screw is in the red circle.
Attached Images

......................_____
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/
Budman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
IHutch5R

Re: 235 i6 help please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman56 View Post
I have attached a photo of a single barrel carb I dont know if you have the same but the throttle adjustment screw is in the red circle.
Yeah, sorry.. Rochester single barrel. That's the screw I've been turning. As soon as I do a half turn one way or the other it kills the motor. Any thoughts? Thanks
Old 09-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #4
ACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHutch5R View Post
Yeah, sorry.. Rochester single barrel. That's the screw I've been turning. As soon as I do a half turn one way or the other it kills the motor. Any thoughts? Thanks
Are you adjusting with a vacuum gauge on it and have you adjusted your mixture, too? Has the carb been rebuilt in the resent past? Could be the mixture, a carb in need of a cleaning or rebuild, or combination of some or none of the above.

If you're not adjusting with a vacuum, I would start there. Check timing and all the stuff that goes with points, too, if you don't have a HEI distributor.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
IHutch5R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACK View Post
Are you adjusting with a vacuum gauge on it and have you adjusted your mixture, too? Has the carb been rebuilt in the resent past? Could be the mixture, a carb in need of a cleaning or rebuild, or combination of some or none of the above.

If you're not adjusting with a vacuum, I would start there. Check timing and all the stuff that goes with points, too, if you don't have a HEI distributor.
Did all that.. think I just figured it out. I cleaned the carb. And put things back the way they were. Just looked at a diagram of one and whoever rebuilt it before put things back the wrong way. So now they are right hopefully it'll work.