The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2014, 05:19 AM   #26
In The Ten Ring

Re: 1968 c10 yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochre Ogre View Post
In The Ten Ring that color isn't ugly and it's not yellow or mustard, that is Ochre. I looked a long time to find one in just that color. I guess it's all a matter of opinion.
Thanks man. I never really liked the color but it has grown on me (for the past 40 years) and I will never change it. People knew my dad by that old truck and maybe they'll know me too.

(I love the tool box on your truck....such a neat accessory!)

Yes, my dad (original owner) has this thing about hood ornaments. He put that Lincoln "gun sight" on there probably back in the 1970's. It's been on there as long as I can remember: so I naturally thought that was a Chevy emblem!
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 AM   #27
Ochre Ogre

Re: 1968 c10 yellow

I don't want to hi-jack this thread, but I just want to add that. this color is becoming somewhat rare as everyone thought it was so ugly most have been repainted. I'm partial to it for much of the same reason you are. My first car (truck) was a 70 camper special in this color I purchased from my dad when I was in high school. I gave it back to him when I got married in 86 because he always said he would like to buy it back. He traded it in a month later for half what it was worth. I've been wanting another ever since.
Ochre Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote