The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
6erWebb

6erWebb's C20 Suburban

So you may notice Ive been a member here for a good while, and yet only just now got around to introducing myself.

Well, in highschool (graduated in 06), I drove a 72 short, cheyenne... which I WISH Id kept. After that my uncle gave me a 67 shorty that I got running and used that truck as a learning tool. I had a couple other 69-70 parts trucks along the way but was curious about so much more. So I sold all my trucks and bought a couple BMWs, namely a 633 that Ive had longer than any other vehicle. As I got more preoccupied with selling cars jut to buy a new toy I found myself accepted into college. So, I got more involved in flipping cars to pay my way through school and went through vintage BMWs and landcruisers, early falcons a vintage mini cooper... As of late the 633 I mentioned turned into a frankenstein 635 (soon to be M6). Problem is when something goes wrong on those complex bimmers it takes me a month (sometimes longer) to get it sorted. Ive missed the old truck thing bad lately, I missed having something simple that I could depend on daily.

So enter this suburban, it was cheap, not too far away. And it already ran! Not very well of course... But I figured itd be a good moderate tow rig for my M6 project when finished.

So heres what we have:

New (used and dirty but free) carb on the seat ha.

First thing was to clean the tint off the windows..

Before:

After:

I just bought a bunch of tune up parts this weekend and realized I need a radiator... Also, got a 700r4 core to build soon. After that Im going through the rear end and the driveshaft and she should be close to road ready.

Then... rust repair (already got a lift gate on the way also!)

Il let this thread serve as my update thread also, so stay tuned for my painfully slow progress!

-Webb
6erWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #2
1968vetL-71

Re: 6erWebb's C20 Suburban

congrats on the project. There are a few guys in the area with a lot of parts trucks and such if your looking for something specific, just give me a shout. I'm in the Brentwood area, couple miles from ya. i'm looking for another 72 suburban myself to restore just haven't found the right one yet. Good luck with the build!!!
1968 belair 2door post #s 427/385
1936 ford 5w coupe dads 1st car
1969 camaro ss (17,xxx) miles

Wanted: 69-72 suburban project, 69 camaro convertible. also any big block cars. 69-70 gto judge project.
1968vetL-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:52 PM   #3
6erWebb

Re: 6erWebb's C20 Suburban

Will do man! Thanks!I noticed alot of Tn activity so Im hoping to get this thing rolling by the time I see some meet pop up.
6erWebb is offline   Reply With Quote