The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
Brave71

350 engine value

I would like to know approx value of 350 engine I am going to sell. 3970010 with 333882 heads... Engine was rebuilt some years ago , don't know builder or exactly when. Motor turns over appears to be clean.front ID number V0708TDB. I got a crate motor on sale so I want to sell this engine
Brave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
leddzepp

Re: 350 engine value

Whatever you can get for it. A non running engine is a boat anchor to most people.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
Indian113

Let me guess! It was running when you pulled it. CL in our area has them listed from $250-$500 but I don't know how many actually get sold.
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
mechanicalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave71 View Post
I would like to know approx value of 350 engine I am going to sell. 3970010 with 333882 heads... Engine was rebuilt some years ago , don't know builder or exactly when. Motor turns over appears to be clean.front ID number V0708TDB. I got a crate motor on sale so I want to sell this engine
You can buy non-verifiable 350's all day for 50-100$, and I've gotten several for free. I got one for free that smoked, all it needed was valve seals and it's a great engine. I believe you could get 500$ for one that runs good, does not smoke, and is not encrusted in years of filth.

My advice: Steam clean it, and get it running. Logic: You need a good carb, fuel pump and dist for the crate engine anyway, right? Clean and gap the plugs, verify the wires are good. If you need new wires buy them and use them on the new engine or use the ones off the new engine.

More logic: You know the carb and dist are right when you fire up your new baby.

If you got a deluxe crate with carb, fuel pump and dist, simply put them on the engine for sale and make sure they understand EXACTLY what does and don't go with it that engine for sale. Easy as long as you have a 4bbl carb now, but if 2bbl not so easy but maybe the 2bbl will run?

I'd be 80% more likely to buy an engine I heard run first, and 99% more likely to buy one I could ride in the vehicle with.

Gee, what if it runs good? Worst case scenario, you get some miles out of it or plenty of time to "advertise" it by driving it. If headers/nice exhaust are in the cards for the crate engine, put them on too as they will add lots of TQ and HP for the selling and nice sound. On top of the real TQ and HP headers provide, they also provide 20 additional "visual HP" LOL that's a joke.

People like to know what they are buying. Otherwise, it's a core at best.
mechanicalman is offline   Reply With Quote