The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
dragn91

anybody in md pa de end up getting this truck or was it scrapped??

So I tried to buy this truck for about 5 years stopped in every year or so then the last time I went noticed the house had been foreclosed on and empty but truck still there so I knock on the neighbors door because I lost the name and number to the guy that had the truck a couple months back. I ask nicely if he has the guys info so I could call him about the truck he says yes I do have it then just stops and looks at me blankly and I say do you mind giving it to me so I can talk to him about the truck again? He says I do have it but I'm not gonna give it to you because I kind of want the truck too. Then he says how much is it worth to you. Basically he had no interest in the truck but wanted to make a quick buck flipping it to me I gave him my top dollar price and he said he would get in contact with him and to stop back in a week. Stop back in a week same speech stop back again same deal and by the 4th time the truck is gone I'm pretty sure the bank had it towed I really wish the neighbor would have just gave me his info because I'm quite sure the truck was junked but in case anyone has seen it id just like to know if it was saved. It's really rusty but all there
[IMG][/IMG]
dragn91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
short&wide65

Re: anybody in md pa de end up getting this truck or was it scrapped??

Some people are truly selfish idiots. Too bad.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #3
dragn91

Yea it kills me it's not like I was gonna take advantage of the guy that had just lost his house I was going to give him a fair price I talked to him many times before but he never was quite ready to sell. Said his grandpa bought it brand new. I'm hoping at least somebody saved it and it didn't get junked.
dragn91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:36 PM   #4
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

What a waste if it did get junked. I've been through the same experience several times.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #5
oem4me

That's too bad.
It reminds me of my own long story made short - Some years ago, after diligently inquiring every two months or so with an older gent about selling the truck permanently parked in front of his house, I politely backed off so as not to pester him TOO much. This was a one owner, no rust, orig paint survivor of epic quality.
The new and more polite every four month plan turned out to be a huge mistake. Between visits the truck had gone somewhere. What? Dang!
I stopped, knocked, and was met at the door by the old man's son. Dad had passed, and the truck had just been given to charity ..like last week! I deflated right there on the porch. I now have second thoughts about being overly polite on such matters.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #6
Dans66Chevy

I have a friend who has been trying to buy a 1929 Chrysler Roadster for about 6-8 years. The guy that has it is like 90. He always says he is going to start working on it next week. The last time we went my friend dropped 10K on the kitchen table. The guys wife jaw hit the floor. He still said not for sale....
Dans66Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote