The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-13-2014, 12:58 AM   #1
Ricos54

Turn signal lights

Been looking at my options for signal lights wondering about the signal in the grill vs. the signal in the headlight. Thinking the signal light in the headlight would look very cool, but is it bright enough? I know there's a couple options in the headlight. Autoloc sells one called Snake eye and classic parts sells a 10 LED signal in the headlight. Has anyone used these and can people see them at night? I know the halogen light is pretty bright.

Thanks
Ricos54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
joedoh

Re: Turn signal lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricos54 View Post
Been looking at my options for signal lights wondering about the signal in the grill vs. the signal in the headlight. Thinking the signal light in the headlight would look very cool, but is it bright enough? I know there's a couple options in the headlight. Autoloc sells one called Snake eye and classic parts sells a 10 LED signal in the headlight. Has anyone used these and can people see them at night? I know the halogen light is pretty bright.

Thanks
I have some I bought years ago, I will have to go dig up the box but it is a 7" light with an h4 high low, H3 fog light, and turn signal at the top. I got them 10-12 years back when ebay was more about the private seller than a big store, from a south american seller who was selling a bunch of VW hot rod parts. the turn signal segment is separated so it doesnt have to fight with the headlight part. I havent ever seen another set but surely they didnt make just one pair haha, I bet you can google the name and find them.

just googling, I found these, which are very similar if not the exact same from a different manufacturer.
http://classicgarage.com/3cham7rounhe.html

remember, there is a high low, a turn (they call it a drl, but its big enough for a small turn signal bulb to go in there) AND an h3 fog light in these. lots of light.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
mr48chev

Re: Turn signal lights

Not a big fan of anything Auto Loc sells as guys haven't had great luck with some of their stuff in the past.

The first time around on mine I pulled the single element pigtails out of the stock sockets and installed double element pigtails and used a turn signal bulb that had straight across pins making it interesting when you tried to line the contacts of the bulb up with the contacts of the pigtail.

When I redid the truck a few years ago I cut out the stock sockets and used universal sockets that took 1157 bulbs but the clearance behind the lights doesn't leave a lot of room for the sockets to stick out. That worked out well but I did have to find some sockets that didn't stick out that far to the rear of the light housing.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote