The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
izonme13

77 nova clip making core support mounts

Guys I need some help/pictures of how you made them. My clip is installed 3 1/2" highER than the original frame. As you know the steering box is very close. I've added a few pics with my jig for placement. Wondering what material you used & what you might do differently next time. THANKS!
Attached Images

izonme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
tmoble

Re: 77 nova clip making core support mounts

yeah, it's a bit of a PITA.

I cut off the frame horns right in front of the steering boxm plated it, cut some 2" square steel tubing at a 45°, welded them to the plates. moved the core support mounts to the front located so they could sit on the angle brackets.

I made the problem worse by pushing the sub-frame forward 1" because I had seen so many F-100s that looked like they swallowing front wheels. This was in 1993, and the first sub-frame job I had worked with. I used to have pics but I'm having trouble locating them now.
tmoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
tmoble

Wow, looks like you have the same exact jack and jackstands I have. the things are quite elderly now.

Wow again, I grew up in Medford, went to McLoughlin, Mid-Hi and Sr Hi, class of 71. SMBC baby. That's Senior Mens Breakfast Club.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:38 PM   #4
izonme13

I had to set the cab back 1 1/2" to center the wheels. I didn't do the clip, but yes it made matters worse! BTW I went to Hedrick & North Medford as the senior high became....lol
Old 11-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #5
tmoble

yeah, I heard about that whole North and South Medford thing. Did the existing Sr Hi become North or what did they do? Build 2 new? Or convert it Mid Hi and build 2 new Sr Hi?

I played football as a Jr at Medford, but it was really a semi-pro team and I wasn't near good enough. Bill Singler should have been the QB but the coach made his kid the QB instead, we lost at State. Singler went to Dartmouth as a receiver, I guess he ended up as football coach at one of the Medford Hi's. I understand his kid ended up as a real college BB star.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #6
izonme13

Sr high became north. Mid high became south, but they just built a new south. And yes kyle single is a good BALL player. Lol....small world.