The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2004, 03:37 AM   #12
jeremy_phd

Blazer 1970,
Thanks for the heads up on the intake gasket. We checked it and it did have a vacuum leak. I pulled out the breather and put a piece of paper over the hole and it quit smoking almost all together like barely. Then when you took it off and put the breather back in it started smoking again alot. So we pulled off the intake and it had oil in all the intake runners on the passenger side the only side it smokes on. Also, the only time it smokes is after the motor gets warmed up and only at idle. It doesn't smoke when I drive it, upshift, downshift, decellerate, accelerate, nothing. Only when the motor is warm and at idle at dead stop and only out of the pass side pipe. My brother thinks it is the #6 piston because that is the one that had the bad valve seal that we replaced. He thinks the oil ring might be messed up. I'm not so sure though we checked the compression and it was very high and had the exact same on all cylinders at 150 lbs. I figure if the oil ring was bad on that one cylinder it would have lower compression than the others if the ring was messed up. I would like it if you could give me a few more hints like maybe should I replace the Valve seals on that whole side and see if that helps at all since it's cheap to do ? Or maybe replace the valve guides or something on the pass side cylinder head ? PLEASE, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT !!! I'M LOST NOW I THOUGHT THE NEW INTAKE GASKET WAS THE END OF THE ROAD !!!
jeremy_phd is offline   Reply With Quote