The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #1
33 coupe

new guy in town

Hello gentlemen. I have been lurking this site for a while, but time to step up and get to work. I have a 67 SWB that I Have owned about 10 years. I am the second owner of the truck. The truck was bought from my dads cousin with 76,000 original miles, (original 283 with power glide), for my girls to drive to high school. Being girls they hated the idea of driving an old truck to school. I lowered the truck, installed disk brakes and a/c and a radio and off they went. The deal was that if they drove the truck thru high school and took care of it, I would buy them a car when they went off to college.
Both of my girls drove the truck thru high school and never damaged it. By the time they finished school the original old paint had faded away and it was time to paint and clean her up. I have posted a couple of pics of how I have the truck presently.
Next step is to completely rebuild steering and suspension and install a new LS motor or rebuild the original 283. I like the original stuff, but the LS is so user friendly, that it is hard to pass up.
Thanks in advance for all the info and help everyone on this site provides. Much better than a lot of the other car sites.
Attached Images

33 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
flashed

Re: new guy in town

Wow ,that is a very nice truck ,like the color combo too.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:35 PM   #3
kcsa75

Welcome to the forum. You've probably figured this out, but you're among friends when you're here.

Nice looking ride. What color blue is that?

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #4
Lokin4AReason

welcome ....
Old 11-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #5
calvin78612

Welcome.Nice looking truck !
Old 11-16-2014, 05:04 AM   #6
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 coupe View Post
Hello ladies and gentlemen. I have been lurking this site for a while, but time to step up and get to work. I have a 67 SWB that I Have owned about 10 years. I am the second owner of the truck. The truck was bought from my dads cousin with 76,000 original miles, (original 283 with power glide), for my girls to drive to high school. Being girls they hated the idea of driving an old truck to school. I lowered the truck, installed disk brakes and a/c and a radio and off they went. The deal was that if they drove the truck thru high school and took care of it, I would buy them a car when they went off to college.
Both of my girls drove the truck thru high school and never damaged it. By the time they finished school the original old paint had faded away and it was time to paint and clean her up. I have posted a couple of pics of how I have the truck presently.
Next step is to completely rebuild steering and suspension and install a new LS motor or rebuild the original 283. I like the original stuff, but the LS is so user friendly, that it is hard to pass up.
Thanks in advance for all the info and help everyone on this site provides. Much better than a lot of the other car sites.
WOW, that truck is one good looker!

Have your girls found out by now that their high school ride was more of a 'dude magnet' than any other car you could ever have bought them?

If they have stepped away, keep that beauty for yourself and brag about all of the thumbs up's you get!

PS---I vote for a hot-rod 283!!!

Welcome to the forum & very nice ride!

ET
ETsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #7
33 coupe

Thanks for the input. They didn't realize that till they went off to college and decided it was cool to drive the old blue truck, that everyone in town knew. I still go to the parts store in our town ( pop. 80,000) and they guys ask if that's the truck that my girls drove to high school.

I am with you on the 283. May have to rebuild and detail to the max
(painted, scripted valve covers, rams horns back to factory colors, power pack heads, cam, etc.). May have to go with T350 trans instead of the power glide.
That being said I go back and forth between the stock look and the LS power
33 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:08 AM   #8
68shortwide

Ls...ls....ls.. welcome to the board...i noticed the name, I grew up around streetrods and hotrods , got any pics of the 33?
1968 ShortWide
1969 ShortStep
68shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote