The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-23-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
67gmcss

removing radio

sorry...i know this belongs in the other room, but there isn't anyone over there and i am in a bind nad need to do this tonight....i have a 94 suburban and bought a cd changer at walmart....it hooks into the antenna and then into the radio to work....i can't find where the antenna hooks in at on the back of my radio...i have it loose enough to rock back and forth but can't seem to get it on out.....any ideas from anyone where i am screwing up at or any pics of one of those year radios out so i can get a look at what i am up against....i will relate it to our year trucks with this----this project makes me almost enjoy doing something on the 67...almost.... nice metal dash w/o a thousand wiring harnesses and plastic plates that block your view and ability to move around....heck, you can lay on your back and just about see the entire back of the radio on the 67.....maybe i shoud just stick it that truck and forget it, but then the wife would kill me...thanks in advance
67gmcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 11:45 PM   #2
walker

Can't remember for sure, but it seems to me I had to take off the whole harness connector to get that off of my Silverado. Also it is not a normaly sized coax connector, it was very small. You might be better off going to radio shack and buying a male and female antenna connectors and splicing into the wire in the middle somewhere.
'48 Ford 8N tractor(still working)
'67 Scout(Now on the road)
'70 MG B.-sold
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:50 AM   #3
sukes84

its been a long while since i messed with one of those, but i was thinking that you had to loosen the heater control also to get the radio out. there may be a possibility of getting at it from the bottom, but then again, i might be smoking crack- who knows
sukes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 01:32 AM   #4
djracer

67gmcss If you pull the panel below your steering column two phillips screws that go straight up then it just unhooks from the dash. If you look up and to the right their is a silver box it has three 7mm screws holding it in 1 towards the firewall 1 straight up and 1 angled in to the right. The antenna is plugged into that box it is the brain to your radio. The connector is smaller and you shouln't cut it you can but adapters to convert it each way. The powerplug is on the top orange is constant 12v, yellow that is inline with the orange is the switched 12v and ground is black (not dark brown)

Special Thanks to All who have helped on the TRUCK!

My Pass Time Show http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...Chapter1-0.mp4

So Far my best Times are:

Motor only:
6.44 1/8 @ 104.13
10.39 1/4 @ 125.83

Nitrous Times:
5.785 1/8 @ 118.65 with a 1.336 60ft
9.168 1/4 @ 142.58 with a 250 shot dead out of the hole!
djracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 10:29 PM   #5
67gmcss

Thanks a ton....I'll get out in the garage and try to tackle it tonight.
67gmcss is offline   Reply With Quote