The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
gmachinz
Account Suspended

RF24 2-speed T-Bird Motorcraft fan kit F/S

Its a complete, prewired assembly-uses a 50A rated switching relay and (2) 70A diode&resistor equipped relays to easily handle low and high speed. Asking $169 plus shipping. Fan has been tested and performs perfecfly-no noises or issues getting right up to fan speed. Requires (2) temp switches.
Attached Images

Last edited by gmachinz; 12-04-2014 at 11:46 AM.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:07 AM   #2
CreditGod

Re: RF24 2-speed T-Bird Motorcraft fan kit F/S

can u show what it looks like mounted. I been reading your post and thinking about doing this mod to my truck.
CreditGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:18 AM   #3
gmachinz
Account Suspended

The only radiator I have sitting around is this OEM BB 4-core one which is about 3" wider than a SB one-you can see even on a BB radiator it fits pretty well. It'll cover about 90% of a SB radiator fin area.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2014, 12:25 AM   #4
CreditGod

that looks pretty darn good. I like how you take pride in your work
CreditGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:34 AM   #5
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Thanks for the compliments! I usually have several RF24, Mark VIII and various Chrysler/LS1/LT1 dual fan assemblies built but as of now, the Motorcraft fans are getting a little harder to find. I've been using them for the last 14 years and only because they were discontinued a couple years back I've been collecting used ones and refurbishing them with various control harnesses. These I use a 3-gang relay bank, the Mark VIII fans I use my own 3-speed harness design, series wired dual fans I have harnesses for as well. Then, I have an indestructible harness design for fan(s) pulling over 40A of which there are a couple OEM fan out there....In just try to make them a simple install for people who aren't in favor of aftermarket fans.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:52 AM   #6
gmachinz
Account Suspended

And in case you're wondering, I like to verify my used fans by checking for any bearing noise and by running them up to speed and measuring the amp draw using an inductive amp probe. I include that info with my fans. So for example, if a fan sounds good but draws an excessive amount of amperage, that signals a LOT of run time which indicates way high miles and the fan motor has a very limited lifespan. If that's the case, I'll replace the motors.