The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-24-2004, 02:57 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

connecticut members help please

im in seattle and am considering buying a car in connecticut and im wondering if a connecticut member of the board would consider going to take a look at the car for me and give me an objective opinion on the general condition. i told the guy im a member of a classic truck group and would it be ok if i had another member come by and take a look at it and he said sure no problem. the car is a 61 lincoln convert and i dont expect you to be an expert on lincolns, but most of us here are car and truck guys and know a pos if they see it. the car is in bethleham conn. he gave me a zip of 06751. i would gladly pay you for your time thanks in advance. (hopefully we have members in conn) if i do get it i have to figure out how to get it to seattle and im open to suggestions from the board.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 07:45 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

after looking on a map it appears that area isnt too far from dutchess county NY state and i may be heading up that way in the next week or so, so if noone closer can get to it sooner i would go look at it for you.if you want ill ask the owner if i could shoot a roll of pics ( 35 mm) develop the film yourself as i dont have digital capability. let me know your schedule etc.... as for getting the car to you try searching the net for auto transporters theres tons of em

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 11:22 PM   #3
Gordo

I'm in CT, and it would be about a hundred mile round trip for me. I don't think I could get out there to soon. Keep us posted if someone closer speaks up or not.
1942 Oldsmobile
1958 Massey Harris Pony
1951 Wife
Killingworth, Connecticut

May those who love us, love us, any of those who do not love us, may God turn their hearts.
And if God is unable to turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping.

A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; but a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist.
Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote