The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
Oklahoma_k5

Making my own C5 and up Motor Stands

I've been looking around for a cheap set of these stands to bolt my steel blocked ls motor into my 52 Chevy truck using corvette exhaust manifolds. The truck motor mounts wouldn't let the corvette exhaust bolt on.

I found the stands on Ebay but didn't bid and let them sell to someone else. Oops!

I think my new plan is to draw up a set and cut them from 1/4 steel on my torchmate table. Then weld the pieces together.

Anybody have a set they could give me some measurements from? I have an engine to get angles and engine side measurements from. What I will need vertical distance from the bottom flat where the rubber mount contacts up to the center of an engine mount bolt. Where the engine mount stud bolt is in relation to the holes in the engine block front to back. And how far the motor mount stud hole is from the engine block.
Oklahoma_k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:53 PM   #2
faribran

Re: Making my own C5 and up Motor Stands

I like your idea.....makes wheels spin in my head
Old 12-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
Oklahoma_k5

What kind of wheels are spinning?

I may just draw a set up and see how they work. In my application I don't have to be identical to the factory corvette mounts. I have to build the frame side mounts as well so it can be custom meeting custom. But if I build them to match the corvette style they might be more interchangeable to sell on here or ebay. That's the beauty of the torchmate. Take hours to figure out the first one. Make copies in minutes.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
Hart_Rod

I have a set of aluminum stands from a 2013 Camaro SS if you think they might work.
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #5
Oklahoma_k5

Those newer Camaro mounts look a little more complicated than the older c5 mounts.

I started drawing a set up. Nothing too complicated. I'm waiting on a set of the stock rubber mounts to be delivered to get some measurements. I would still like to make them as close to the stock mounts as possible so I'd still like some measurements if somebody has them.