The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
epon

Flush Tonneau with Reversed Tailgate Handle

Currently searching for a flush or low profile tonneau for an 82 short fleet which has the tailgate handle reversed. This means I need the option to open the tonneau without opening the tailgate. Would prefer fiberglass over vinyl and fitting within the box vs sitting on top of bed rails.

stslids/checker look great but are not longer being made. craftecs look decent but seem to require opening the tailgate and twisting a bar on each side of the bed to release it. Pace edwards switchblade looks interesting but I cant really tell how if its openable with the tailgate closed. Only thing I can find is the gaylords og and wondering if anyone knows of other options.

TIA
epon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
ddr11

Re: Flush Tonneau with Reversed Tailgate Handle

I'm not sure how flush you wanna get but SLIMLINE makes a good product that can be opened with the tailgate shut there in Claremont NC
ddr11 is offline   Reply With Quote