The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
catch2otwo

Best place to purchase new Snap on sliders

Picked up a bottom roller cab on sunday for $100 bucks. Drawers and cab are in good shape but the sliders are pretty worn. Couple need replacing so I think I will replace them all.

Whats the best way to go about this? I dont have a snap on truck near by. Order online? I couldn't find a data tag plate or any model numbers on the box itself.

catch2otwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #2
Indian113

Re: Best place to purchase new Snap on sliders

I would contact Snap On because the Box has LIFETIME Warranty. They could tell you where or how to replace the slides. I just replaced drawer slides on 2 of mine and it wasn't hard. The Model # should be on the back of the box on Left side upper area.
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
catch2otwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian113 View Post
I would contact Snap On because the Box has LIFETIME Warranty. They could tell you where or how to replace the slides. I just replaced drawer slides on 2 of mine and it wasn't hard. The Model # should be on the back of the box on Left side upper area.
I was told the slides are only warrantied to the original owner. Im assuming the original owner would have had to register with snap on?
Old 12-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
Indian113

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch2otwo View Post
I was told the slides are only warrantied to the original owner. Im assuming the original owner would have had to register with snap on?
Sorry ! I didn't realize this. Did you contact Snap On direct? I would imagine the slides are pricey
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
catch2otwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian113 View Post
Sorry ! I didn't realize this. Did you contact Snap On direct? I would imagine the slides are pricey

i haven't called them yet. But from garage journal it seems the slides are only warrantied to the original owner. Slides through SO are 77 each.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #6
ryans69chevy

I would call them direct and ask. Sometimes playing dumb works lol. Or else if your friends with a mechanic of some sorts you could give the slides to him and SO wouldn't ask any questions when they come to the shop to exchange tools. That looks like a score on the chest! Good luck!
ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:02 AM   #7
clinebarger

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch2otwo View Post
They (Snap-On) Do Not have records of who older KR series box were sold to by serial number or any other means, Newer boxes like my KRL's must be registered.

Your box appears to be a KR-657......Slides for that run $77 a piece, At over a $1000 for all the slides is more than the box is worth. http://buy.snapon.com/catalog/parts/...BKR657%3B34244

Get them warrantied, If they are really worn, If they are just hard to open /pull....Remove the slides, Clean with solvent, Then lubricate with bicycle chain oil.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #8
Ft.ValloniaStreaker

That's hard to believe, I bought slides for my 59A and honestly it's the cheapest thing I've ever bought off a Snap On truck. Like $7.95 each, maybe the driver hit a wrong button but I gladly paid the man.
Ft.ValloniaStreaker is offline   Reply With Quote