The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-31-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
encasedmetal

need tips for replacing lower rear cab supports

was strategizing about replacing the cab supports this morning- all of which are practically gone on my cab. was wondering how you give attention to the lower rear supports seeing as they but up against the floor supports. I don't wanna cut the floor supports to fix the cab supports but I may have to. any tips? thanks
encasedmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
Vinceg

Re: need tips for replacing lower rear cab supports

Are the supports right gone. I've been going through this myself. I find the repo front supports fit pretty well. The rear on the other hand need a little work. Just keep finding the spot welds and drilling them out. The few on the flap at the back of the rear support are tricky to get at. If you cut the rotten cab support out of the way you can get at them. Good luck. They are a real pain!
Vinceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
dougf

Re: need tips for replacing lower rear cab supports

I have this same problem. luckily the support the cab bushings sit on is ok enough to leave be, I had to kind of hack the rear support I bought up, repaint, and kind of hobble it together so it meets the floor support. Im not happy with the way it looks at all, and when I have room to lift the cab off its one of the first things I will redo, but at least the rear outer supports provide stability to rear outer floor and cab corner. I really think the only way to do these right is to flip the cab on its back or lift it up and work from underneath.
dougf is offline   Reply With Quote