The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
drillrod

Carpet for CST blazers

I am getting ready to purchase carpet and side panels for my 72 CST blazer. LMC is the only supplier that I have found that offers carpet for CST or non CST blazers. I have heard some talk about the panels being tight to get on with new carpet! Does this take care of the problem if you get carpet for a CST blazer? If someone has run in to problem or has gotten carpet from LMC, please let me know how it turned out! Thanks Drillrod
drillrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Re: Carpet for CST blazers

The repro carpet sets include pieces to cover the wheel wells, which GM never did. If I was to re-carpet my K5 I would skip the pieces for the wheel wells. In doing so you should have no problem with fitment for the side panels and you can display the jack instructs decal as was originally intended if still in place.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:36 PM   #3
drillrod

Exactly, where was the decal located on the blazers? If anyone has pictures, please show! Thanks Drillrod.
drillrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:35 AM   #4
BBrendal
Recalculating.....

Got my carpet from here and couldn't be happier. It is ACC carpet which is good quality and has free shipping. When I bought it it was a little cheaper but that was 4 years ago and was cheaper then LMC even before you added LMC shipping cost.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carpet-Kit-F...893d88&vxp=mtr

1969 Chevy Camaro Z28
1972 Chevy Blazer CST
2004 GMC Yukon (The truck that pulls the car trailer)
1972 Chevy Blazer CST #2 (Finished and sold!)

Blazer build link...
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/...rendal/Blazer/
BBrendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:50 AM   #5
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Quote:
Originally Posted by drillrod View Post
Exactly, where was the decal located on the blazers? If anyone has pictures, please show! Thanks Drillrod.
Rear face of the driver side wheel well

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #6
cleszkie

Agree with BBrendal. I also got ACC carpet in a special order color (sandalwood) for my parchment interior. Very happy with the fit and finish. I did use the carpet over the wheel wells and trimmed my aftermarket side panels to fit. I wanted to quiet down the interior as much as possible, so I ended up putting Fat Mat on the tub floor, walls, and wheel wells and covered it all in carpet. However, stock style exposed painted wheel wells with carpeting is a very nice look.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #7
asolde

I ended up removing the carpet off of my wheel well housings so that I could install my side panels. I also like the look of the wheel well housings without the carpet. My floor carpet fit nicely up to the side panels. Wonder where I could get a jacking instruction decal?
asolde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:48 PM   #8
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleszkie View Post
Agree with BBrendal. I also got ACC carpet in a special order color (sandalwood) for my parchment interior. Very happy with the fit and finish. I did use the carpet over the wheel wells and trimmed my aftermarket side panels to fit. I wanted to quiet down the interior as much as possible, so I ended up putting Fat Mat on the tub floor, walls, and wheel wells and covered it all in carpet. However, stock style exposed painted wheel wells with carpeting is a very nice look.
How about some pictures Cleszkie?
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #9
cleszkie

Some old pics of my carpet and side panels. I have since had new seat foams and covers installed, so everything really pops. You will see that I had to trim one of the panels to fit around my Hickey fuel tank in the rear.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #10
71blksuper4x4
SWB 4x4 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by asolde View Post
I ended up removing the carpet off of my wheel well housings so that I could install my side panels. I also like the look of the wheel well housings without the carpet. My floor carpet fit nicely up to the side panels. Wonder where I could get a jacking instruction decal?
They aren't reproduced.
1971 Cheyenne Super 4x4 swb (tilt,tach,buckets, original blue shoulder belts,am/fm,cruise,tow hooks, dealer 8 track)
1972 Cheyenne Super K20 4x4 Custom Camper (tilt, tach, am/fm, tow hooks, bed toolbox, aux gas tank
1972 Cheyenne Super Crew Cab K30 4x4 Duramax, Allison, np205, buckets, tow hooks (CURRENT PROJECT)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=624819
1989 V3500 Crew Cab (454tbi, NV4500, np205)
1970 Chevelle SS (LS5 454,th400,8track,buckets,tach)
:2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (daily driver)

WTB: 1968-70 Cruise Control Lever
71blksuper4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:29 AM   #11
JMac11

With todays technology, even the most average sign shop should be able to make a reasonable copy.... find a picture
JMac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:21 PM   #12
Senorx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleszkie View Post
Some old pics of my carpet and side panels. I have since had new seat foams and covers installed, so everything really pops. You will see that I had to trim one of the panels to fit around my Hickey fuel tank in the rear.
Love the Sandalwood. Subscribed for future reference.
Senorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 04:10 PM   #13
cleszkie

In case anyone was wondering, stock installation of the side panels is done with the screws for the top chrome retainer strip under the panel such that the panel is removed by pulling out the bottom of the panel and releasing it from the friction fit in the upper chrome retainer channel. I have a Hickey roll bar installed, so I cannot slide out the bottom of the panels (the front hoop legs are about an inch away from the panels). Therefore, I just remove the upper row of screws and the panel comes off with the chrome retainer strip without having to move the roll bar.