The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-29-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
redtailboa

Lowering front 5 inches

What's the best option i have lowering the front 5 inches , been looking for spindles for my 68 and i can only find 2.5 drop spindles . I was going to go with DJM 3 inch drop spindles and 2 inch drop springs ,but for a 73-87 truck , everything was ripped apart sandblasted and painted and ready to put back together . So i am going to use all new components for the front end , If i go this route all i have to do is get correct year ball joints and tie rods . Is this correct . DJM offer's the spindle for an 1 1/4 rotor aswell . Thanks
redtailboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
kitsbeach

Re: Lowering front 5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtailboa View Post
What's the best option i have lowering the front 5 inches , been looking for spindles for my 68 and i can only find 2.5 drop spindles . I was going to go with DJM 3 inch drop spindles and 2 inch drop springs ,but for a 73-87 truck , everything was ripped apart sandblasted and painted and ready to put back together . So i am going to use all new components for the front end , If i go this route all i have to do is get correct year ball joints and tie rods . Is this correct . DJM offer's the spindle for an 1 1/4 rotor aswell . Thanks
Welcome to the board (fellow canuck). there is lots of good info if you dig around on this site and lots of more experienced guys who might chime in.

I'm planning to use CPP's 2" modular spindles up front with 3" drop coils. The modulars keep things tucked in a little tighter.

Show us some pics.!

1967 C10 LWB (now SWB) Fleetside 6cyl Saginaw three-on-the-tree "No Frills"

1980 C20 Long to short & static drop "Square One"
kitsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:44 PM   #3
cdrummer316

Re: Lowering front 5 inches

I have belltech drop spindles for 73-87 on my 1970. I had to get special tie rod adjuster sleeves from cpp. The threads are different on each end. Also my outer tie rod ends are now my inner and my outer are for 73-87.
cdrummer316 is offline   Reply With Quote