The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2015, 05:06 PM   #1
greywurm

Re: A few annoyances - need tips: temp gauge, tapping under load, and a potential vap

Thanks for all the info mechanicalman. A lot as usual... Love it. Need some time to process it all.

The regulator I have is a holley 4-9 psi if I remember correctly. The second port that's capped off is if I was running a second carb. It came with the cap for single carb set ups. Let me see if I can dig up a link.

Like I said, its in there because I was getting higher pressure than edelbrocks like, but the issue I was working on might not have been related.

Vapor lock issue may not be vapor lock. It is only starting, hot or cold. Not while driving. I do not notice any boiling, just loss of pressure at the gauge when sitting. I'm really thinking its more of an issue with the fuel line not being air tight, perhaps around that plastic gauge. I think O'Reilly/auto zone carries those flexible hoses so I'll check them out.

I'm not excited about moving the temp sender... I think I'll start with the connection and line first. There looks to be a port already for it but its plugged... I don't know if its been sealed with JB weld or not.