The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #101
ixnay

Re: My Slap-my-hand-to-my-forehead 68 fixer-upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRE View Post
Looking good. Wish I would have known you where painting it i could have came and helped. I'm a painter by trade.
That's mighty kind. I plan to sand and then put on another coat tomorrow now that I'm home. I'm borrowing an orbital sander too. Need to pick up some Meguiar's compound.

MJH
Old 10-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #102
ixnay

Still need to touch up some spots and polish, but the paint is only 1 week old. Bought some floor mats, so I'm working on the interior today.

MJH
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #103
Low Elco

Cool! Running good?
Posted via Mobile Device
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #104
ixnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Cool! Running good?
Posted via Mobile Device
The rig is running well. I lost a bolt from the exhaust manifold when the rig got hot during the drive up to Fort Lewis. I saw the temp spike on an extended incline. First time I've seen it happen. Fluid is fine, but the bolts loosened. So I re-torqued them tonight. If you look at the photo, you can see how the right one is also walking out. I could move it with my fingers.

I'm getting good stares now from people, and guys always come up and want to talk. It's amazing what a little paint will do.

MJH
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #105
ixnay

Need to put decals on the back (on order); I got the front buttoned up once I replaced some thread-cutting fasteners. I lost connectivity in the cab lamps however. They worked fine until I buttoned everything up. So now it's time for the tester and checking the contacts.

Reviewed the window install procedures last night. It's not rained here since the end of June but for 1 brief 0.1 inch shower in Sept. However, rains a-coming, and my vent windows leak. So time to get working.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #106
ixnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixnay View Post
Need to put decals on the back (on order); ... reviewed the window install procedures last night. It's not rained here since the end of June but for 1 brief 0.1 inch shower in Sept. However, rains a-coming, and my vent windows leak. So time to get working.
Got everything unscrewed but the passenger vent window didn't pop out. Got new felted rubber in the tracks and so the up-down windows don't wobble anymore but cannot shut the vents easily. Working on that. Found out I'd already bought everything for the vents, so today's trip to the parts shop for the window seals wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought. Having saved all that money, I bought an eyebrow for the hood.

Seals are necessary--I was pulling tree bark out of the door panels because the seals were more holey than whole.

Found out I still have my rear window rubber. I thought I'd sold it when I posted it for sale back when. Oh, well, I'll put it on Craigslist.

Next Tuesday, it's off to the body shop so they can monkey with the vents windows. Then it's off to the elk hunt season.

MJH
Old 12-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #107
ixnay

Veterans Day weekend, I'm on my way to the elk hunt stand, almost to the gate in the forest when I hear the cement mixer start. No way am i going 10 miles past the gate. I turn around and head back to civilization and call the wife. My carrier bearing went out. $1000 and another 2 repairs later and I'm good to go.

That elk hunting is getting expensive!

MJH
Old 12-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #108
Low Elco

Glad it's still on the road! Good to hear from you!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #109
ixnay

Still driving the rig, but I think it's time to let go. I'll be putting the rig on the market. Not sure what the price will be. My dad said "maybe you can get your money out of her." I just lauged. I still get looks and compliments every time I take her out.

Old 12-15-2014, 01:08 AM   #110
ixnay

Finally did the doors.
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2014, 12:59 AM   #111
dmack91

Doors look great. I take it you decided to keep it.
dmack91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:45 AM   #112
ixnay

I sold my rig. Wife said she wouldn't ride in it. So much for family vacations with it.

Neighbor with a teenage boy bought it. So I'll see it around town. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Buying a Ford F 150 Supercrew. Four doors and six seats make everyone happy. We'll be in the snow over spring break. The truck will be my 3rd Ford. Had two from 1990 through 2004.

Thanks for your encouragement. It was fun, if occasionally exasperating, for the last 5.5 years.

Ix
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2015, 06:20 PM   #113
ixnay

I've owned Fords and Chevys. The 68 C10 replaced a 90 Ford Ranger. With the new year, I've replaced the Chevy with the Ford pictured.

Good-bye and thanks for your input.

MJH
Attached Images