The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2004, 02:46 PM   #1
69sixpackbee

Putting Out A Heads Up...

I am getting hold of a (unsure of year but it is either '71 or '72) 'Sierrra Grande" 2500 truck from my father-in-law's roomie. I have seen it a few times in the past. It has been sitting for years but it has always remained in southern California and he was the original owner. I am pulling the disc brake components to put on my brother-in-law's truck. It is an original A/C cab, big block (can't remember the trans) but the owner wants to yank the engine/trans before I bring it home. The towers will remain in the truck. I think it is a toolbox bed, 8-lug wheels, Dana rear, and I believe it had a Parchment interior and an Ochre/white exterior. I think most of the emblems have been taken off but I still don't know. It was a loaded truck. I don't know if it had a tach or a tilt either. The only rust is probably surface but I will check it over thoroughly. Otherwise it is complete. I am going to go down and snap some pics this weekend. Anyone interested???
69sixpackbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 04:07 PM   #2
Leinie

Just interested in why it's being gutted

Not flaming you, just curious.- Sounds like lots of good parts .
Leinie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 04:30 PM   #3
69sixpackbee

The old dude that owns the truck says he wants the 396 (402?) and the tranny..what for we never know. That is the one condition he has for him to part ways with it. It has a clean title. This guy is nearing 70 years old and I guess he is ambitious. He has built several project vehicles in his day so I guess it still flows in his blood.He is the one that took the emblems off (probably to hang up in the shop) and I am taking off the disc brake stuff to upgrade the drum "oh s**t!" brakes in my brother-in-law's '70. Otherwise (I am told) it is complete but we are going to sell the entire truck..less the aforementioned items as a whole unit. I am not going to part it as it is a very worthy candidate for a good truck. It is not wrecked or beat up. The sheet metal is good and all of the glass is there. Not really much to do to make it road ready if someone has another big block (or small with the different mounts) to drop in and the hardware to put back up front. I am taking the spindles, rotors, calipers, booster, master & prop valve. I will put back on the drums spindles so it will roll onto a dolly, trailer, flatbed or whatever the prospective buyer has to pick it up with. Once I have the pics and have made the inspection I will be taking offers. It is located in Ontario, Cal (35 miles east of L.A.) and I won't deliver it. (sorry )
Old 01-30-2004, 08:02 PM   #4
72gmcshorty

Could you please donate the BB fan shroud to me? PLEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEE!!! Or sell it to me, i guess
Old 01-31-2004, 12:22 AM   #5
Wootdog

numbers matching

What is wrong that it has been sitting for all that time? You would think the guy would want to sell the truck whole. If it is all original, he can get a new motor and or tranny with the profits. I hate to see whole trucks picked apart like that. My two cents, Wootdog
Wootdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 12:27 AM   #6
sakohntr

tool compartment

If your going to part it out. I would be interested in the tool compartment components. thanks
1972 C30 longhorn,BB/AT,A/C,Tilt,Toolbox,lokr
1987 K20 Chevrolet Suburban. 6" lift. 5.7L/TH400 1979 K60 GMC Coleman 4x4, 427/Allison.
sakohntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 03:02 AM   #7
dmec

i will take first pop if you dont mind. depends on price and condition. when you get it i would like to check it out.
dmec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 04:17 AM   #8
69sixpackbee

I will get some pics and post 'em. I have an interested "first buyer" and I will pose it to him. after that, I will take offers in order that they came in. I am with Wootdog...I don't want to see this thing parted out. The ol' geezer who owns it just pulled trinkets off of it here and there for who knows what reason. He had so many other projects that this just sat in the weeds. It used to be his driver but he just parked it and let it go. One of his "projects" was a '39 Ford (can I say that?) that he shoe-horned in an honest-to-goodness NASCAR "Boss" 429 engine from a '70 Mustang. I don't even want to know how much he let that one slip through his fingertips for