The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2004, 08:03 PM   #1
Bagged72

Anyone running slam bags?

Is anyone running slam specialties air bags with their stock trailing arms? If so what series are you running? I.E. 62, 72, etc. Thanks
Bagged72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 08:20 PM   #2
JHickson6
I Love This Stuff!

i'm personally not running any bags just YET, but most guys tend to use the smaller 62 bags in the rear as there's not as much weight in the back of these trucks, that is, unless you plan on hauling a lot of stuff. Also i've seen a lot of people using the 72 bags in the front, but you can use either, but i don't think the smaller bags ride as nice as the larger as they'll need a higher psi to bring the front up.

My 2 cents

Jared

My Rides
1967 C10 In Pieces for now
1985 Ford B700 SourPuss Bus - BIG BLUE
2003 Silverado CITY WORKER YELLOW!!
JHickson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 08:32 PM   #3
REPO1
Shortbox wanna-be.

Like he said.

I have been doing alot of looking lately, trying to figure out what bags I am going to order. And from what I've read, the 62 on the rear, with 72 up front.

Please let me know if you find a good deal on them, as I am ready to order mine right now too. I have been waiting on replies from a couple of vendors, but they havn't emailed me back.

Best price I have found on them is at the following link, they still have a Christmas special listed on the bottom of this main page, but I am waiting to hear back if they will still honor this price.

http://www.innovativeairsuspension.com/site.htm

You know of better price?
'97 Z28 (11.41@127MPH)
REPO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:49 PM   #4
Chevy4Life

I plan on running the rs-62's on the rear and rs-72's at the front.
I know some guys runs 72's all around, but I think the 62's will give me enough lift and MAYBE ride a little softer. I'm waiting on front bag brackets so I can put the 72's in. I cut some 4x4 post to hold the front end up and get an idea of ride height. Here's a couple shots. The rear bags are inflated above ride height in these photos.

BTW: I think $75 a bag is about as cheap as you will find them. (I paid $95 a piece for mine )

Last edited by Chevy4Life; 01-25-2004 at 09:54 PM.
Chevy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:57 PM   #5
Bagged72

Alright guys thanks for the quick reply's. Exactly what I needed to know. The best deal I found on them is through www.streetbeatcustoms.com. They are $90 a piece but you get a 5% discount and free shipping. So depending on who innovative ships through they should end up being as good if not a better deal. Later.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:59 PM   #6
REPO1
Shortbox wanna-be.

Great pics. Could you post some real up-close pics on how the bags are bolted in the rear? I have been having trouble trying to figure out how to attach them. It seems that they have 1 bolt hole on the bottom and 2 bolt holes, plus the air inlet on top. Did you have to drill 3 seperate holes in your frame to make them work?
Old 01-26-2004, 07:28 PM   #7
fastbagged68

I would not buy from Streetbeat! The reason shipping is free is because they won't ship them out on time. I have heard of guys waiting a month for there bags. Larry at innovation is very good to do business with. I too can get slams I sell them for $87 a piece plus shipping
fastbagged68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 02:43 AM   #8
Bagged72

Bummer cause I just ordered them last night. Oh well one of my buddies ordered from them and it seemed to be ok. I guess we will just wait and see.
I will let you guys know the verdict though. Later
Old 01-27-2004, 08:11 PM   #9
Chevy4Life

Quote:
Originally posted by REPO1
Great pics. Could you post some real up-close pics on how the bags are bolted in the rear? I have been having trouble trying to figure out how to attach them. It seems that they have 1 bolt hole on the bottom and 2 bolt holes, plus the air inlet on top. Did you have to drill 3 seperate holes in your frame to make them work?
I'll look and see if I have any pics showing the bolts. Basically you just drill a 3/8" hole on each side of the original upper coil bolt hole. Then drill about a 1" hole for the air line fitting. For the bottom just use a sleeve inside the trailing arms to take up the extra space around the 3/8" bolt.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:33 PM   #10
Chevy4Life

Quote:
Originally posted by Bagged72
Bummer cause I just ordered them last night. Oh well one of my buddies ordered from them and it seemed to be ok. I guess we will just wait and see.
I will let you guys know the verdict though. Later
I wouldn't worry about Streetbeat. I ordered some bag brackets and fittings from them a couple months ago and got them a few days after ordering. I decided not to use the brackets shortly after getting them, but lagged on shipping them back. I planned on just recouping some of my money on ebay, but after seeing that there Sales Manager was a board member I shot him a PM and he agreed to take them back! Even after sitting on my shelf for over 2 months. That's great customer service IMO.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:46 PM   #11
Bagged72

Nice that makes me feel a lot better. Hopefully they will be here pretty quick cause the frame is getting c notched as we speak.
Later
Old 01-28-2004, 08:47 PM   #12
lofly'a

i second that comment on street beat customs, i would'nt buy a bubble gum wrapper from them (can you tell i've had some bad experiences with street beat). they don't carry anything in stock, everything is drop shipped from the manufacturer. the last order i placed never came (6 weeks), i called, they said they could'nt get the part, waited 5 weeks for a credit on account minus 10%, they charged me for a RESTOCK fee, for something i never got, called again, they promised to rectify the mistake and refund full amount. now 6 weeks later and at least 6 phone calls, i'm still out of 85 dollars ("RESTOCK FEE"). they have no intention to refund, called the BBB, that was useless too. hope they go bankrupt if they treat customers this way. take heed potential buyers, if you order from them, you can get screwed. i placed at least 4 previous orders with them with good service until they lost their sense of business ethics.
-2003 YUKON (Wife's)
-71 gmc swb fleet (current project, gonna shave everything, bags, stuff w/ 20's, gen III powertrain)
-48 3100 SWB - 12/31/23 LONG TERM Project
lofly'a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:04 PM   #13
ucmydust68
fuel

what about rs82's i have some i was going to use on the rear. are they to stiff???? i hope not i dont want to send them back. thanks
chris
ucmydust68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 01:24 PM   #14
REPO1
Shortbox wanna-be.

If anything, I think you should put the heavier bags on the front. An RS82 on the rear would ride pretty rough I would think.

As for Innovative Air Suspension, I ordered my bags on Friday, and they still honored the price on their web site.

So if anyone is needing some Slam Bags, the $75 dollar price is still on. Just make sure you call them, and mention you seen the website price.

I ordered 2 RS72 for the front, and 2 RS62 for the rear. Next to order is a tank and valves. I plan on running all 1/2 stainless hard lines to everything, with some steel braided lines in tight areas.