The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2004, 12:12 PM   #26
silvereagle1770

i pick my truck for us 4x4 guys
Old 01-30-2004, 08:08 PM   #27
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Ok, guys (and gals) I think we should rap up the nominations here. I will set up a poll this evening. In the meantime silvereagle1770, I need a good quality pic of your truck....
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 12:02 AM   #28
CRRoy71

N2TRUX, can you use the pic that cochino posted instead of the one I posted, it is a better pic.

Lots of nice trucks, should be a close one.

Thanks

'92 ext. cab s/b 4.3L "Sparky"
'04 crew cab 2500 4x4 6.0L
CRRoy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 12:07 AM   #29
78' Silverado
\/ My Loves \/

Thx for postin the new pic Ken I am intrested in seeing who wins this one...yourright...might be real close lol

383 Stroker in progress for the 78'!!!
78' Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:49 AM   #30
Grim Reaper

I nominate some folks learn how to take better pictures!

All the trucks looked great though.

TIps on photo's.

Watch your shadows if in direct sunlight. You don't want you shadow in the picture.

Pay attention to shadows from tree's or other objects.

SUN IS ALWAYS BEHIND OR TO THE SIDE OF THE CAMERA. If the sun is in front the side of what your taking the picture of is in the shade. It alsomeans the sun is going to throw off the light meter on the camera.

Take note of things athat are going to end up in the picture. Stuff like stop signs stick out like a ore thumb. Things close to the truck that are taller are also noticable and draw the eye away from the subject.

Pick a plain back ground especialy with a digital. A regular decent film camera you can pick your depth of feild ad cause objects at a distance behind the subject to be blured. It hard to get a digital to do that. To do it on a fil camera fast shutter speed does it. Slower the shutter the more that will be in focus.

Frame the subject. Hafe these vehicle have part of them cut off and too tight on the crop. It actually looks a little better to have a little space around the vehicle. So back up or zoom out. Crop it in the computer if you need it trimmed down.

Flash and lighting. On a person where your around 15ft or less when in doubt use the flash even in brad daylight. It will help remove shadows under the chin and eye brows. Not effective on a truck because you need to be back about 30ft on most cameras and that's beyond where the average flash is effective.

Now in direct sunlight you would not belive how effective a peice of 24x24 inch white coardboard is. You can get the underside of the rockers lit up a little and remove some of that rockers fading into black that happens. Also will light up the wheel wells a little so the tires is visiable.

Parking lights on especialy in indirect sunlight. It will draw the eye to the subject of the picture.

So I would pick
#1 lohrbht's
# 2 coony278
#3 Twin turbo

They all looked good though. I just really like what that phantom grill looks like.

They also were the most appealing photos' to me. Background did not draw away my eye, Decent lighting where you could get a good look at the truck and see the details.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 11:14 PM   #31
84Stepper

Geese... No one has ever nominated me.... sob sob sob.. J/K. Not a good pic but Oh well
Attached Images

and 1604 carb, 40 Series Flowmasters
dumped, and Western Chassis 3/5 drop w/ c notch. New 3:73 Eaton Posi
84Stepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:14 AM   #32
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

just an idea, how about a new rule stating that if your truck has been nominated for truck of the month, it cannot be nominated the following month. seems to me its been the same trucks, over and over again.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:24 AM   #33
Grim Reaper

Quote:
Originally posted by 84Stepper
Geese... No one has ever nominated me.... sob sob sob.. J/K. Not a good pic but Oh well
Actually it a pretty good picture. Can see all the truck. Lighting is decent an not big streaks of sun or shadow. Nhardly any shadows that make things like hte rocker disapear, even the tires are fully visiable tucked into the fenders. You can thank the light covered road surface to taking soem of the shadows out. It has the same effect as a flash.

Background is fairly neutral and doesn't draw your eye away. Truck is a bright enough color that what little distraction the background is, the color pulls your eye back.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:52 AM   #34
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

1FaastC10 that's a pretty good idea but it has a couple of flaws. It adds another rule to something I am trying to keep as simple and fun as possible.
The other problem is it would mean I would have to keep up with who was nominated last month. That sounds like work to me...:p
Old 02-02-2004, 02:18 AM   #35
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

ok, how about the winner cannot be nominated for at least 3 months
Old 02-02-2004, 02:29 AM   #36
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Jeremy are you just looking for something for me to do? Actually that is a rule. Any winner cannot be nominated again for a ...uh...hmmm? How long did we say? See! Already I have to go look something up....
Old 02-02-2004, 02:49 AM   #37
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

lol, i wasnt aware of that rule. and yes Ken, i am looking for something for you to do, i dont think you're busy enough. how many projects are you working on now?