The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2015, 08:25 PM   #1
GOPAPA

Console Seat Belt fastener holder

Not sure If I could find a couple of the hooks that fit on the front of the console to hold the belt fastener when not in use ,(and not sure that the seat belts I have would fit them ither..).so,,,any one got any other ideas of where to put the fasteners so not to be banging my console dragging them over the top of it..? that's saying I put them on the floor behind the console..
Old 02-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #2
davepl

Re: Console Seat Belt fastener holder

Sorry, I have a console and seat belts but don't know what you're referring to about hooks, because I'm not sure what you mean by holding the belt fastener, because I don't know what the belt fastener is.

So I'm a couple of steps behind you, but if you can maybe reword or post a pic, I'll do my best...
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:32 PM   #3
justin4260

he's talking about the part the seat belt hooks into i believe. you could always just tuck it into the crack between the best back and the seat bottom.
justin4260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:37 PM   #4
Andy4639
Old member

Cool Re: Console Seat Belt fastener holder

Find some elastic with velcro and slip it through the seat back and bottom where it hinges. Then just loop the seat belt through it. That will hold it up in place.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:48 PM   #5
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
Sorry, I have a console and seat belts but don't know what you're referring to about hooks, because I'm not sure what you mean by holding the belt fastener, because I don't know what the belt fastener is.

So I'm a couple of steps behind you, but if you can maybe reword or post a pic, I'll do my best...
Yep ,,your right ,,bad wording on my part ,,I either seen or heard that some guys put a couple a metal hooks on the front of their console and you click the seat belt buckle onto then when not using them OR maybe the angle clip devices is just is place for the seat belt buckle to rest on and not fall to the floor..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Find some elastic with velcro and slip it through the seat back and bottom where it hinges. Then just loop the seat belt through it. That will hold it up in place.
Andy ,,I need a picture drawn up for what you describe ,,it might do the trick but it is the buckle and it is heavy,, I listening,,just cant make a visial ,, lol
Old 02-26-2015, 08:55 PM   #6
FirstOwner69

Are you looking for those shown on my console below? If so, I think it was the 68 and 69 Cutlasses, Skylarks, etc. that used them for both the front and back seats. I saw some on the parts board a couple years ago. These were for trucks with factory shoulder belts. All mounting dimensions are in the assembly manual.

EDIT: Post 41 in this thread shows installation location.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=649257&page=2

More info in this thread with pics.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267505
Attached Images

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 02-26-2015 at 09:04 PM.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:03 PM   #7
Andy4639
Old member

Lightbulb Re: Console Seat Belt fastener holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Yep ,,your right ,,bad wording on my part ,,I either seen or heard that some guys put a couple a metal hooks on the front of their console and you click the seat belt buckle onto then when not using them OR maybe the angle clip devices is just is place for the seat belt buckle to rest on and not fall to the floor..

Andy ,,I need a picture drawn up for what you describe ,,it might do the trick but it is the buckle and it is heavy,, I listening,,just cant make a visial ,, lol
I'll see what I can do. It may not be pretty though! Lol...
On the side of the seat facing the center of truck. The seat seperation there should be a hinge to fold the back forward. Take some velcro elastic either or and wrap around it. Then take the seat belt buckel and slip through it like a noose and let the buckel dangle. then when you are geting in just lift it up and hook it. It will always be at the same spot no mater where the seat is.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.

Last edited by Andy4639; 02-26-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:07 PM   #8
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
Are you looking for those shown on my console below? If so, I think it was the 68 and 69 Cutlasses, Skylarks, etc. that used them for both the front and back seats. I saw some on the parts board a couple years ago. These were for trucks with factory shoulder belts. All mounting dimensions are in the assembly manual.

EDIT: Post 41 in this thread shows installation location.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=649257&page=2

More info in this thread with pics.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267505
yes thx ,FO 69 ,but if I went this route I would only do so if they fit my seat belt buckles I have now,, does the buckle click on them fasteners or just hang on them ?
Old 02-26-2015, 09:12 PM   #9
FirstOwner69

Quote:
yes thx ,FO 69 ,but if I went this route I would only do so if they fit my seat belt buckles I have now,, does the buckle click on them fasteners or just hang on them ?
The plastic tab fits tightly into the buckle slot the male seat belt end fits into. The buckle internals rattle like mad however. Did you see the edits I added to my post?
Old 02-26-2015, 09:24 PM   #10
71blksuper4x4
SWB 4x4 Collector

Vans of the same era had factory color molded rubber pockets that would work too. Trevor
1971 Cheyenne Super 4x4 swb (tilt,tach,buckets, original blue shoulder belts,am/fm,cruise,tow hooks, dealer 8 track)
1972 Cheyenne Super K20 4x4 Custom Camper (tilt, tach, am/fm, tow hooks, bed toolbox, aux gas tank
1972 Cheyenne Super Crew Cab K30 4x4 Duramax, Allison, np205, buckets, tow hooks (CURRENT PROJECT)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=624819
1989 V3500 Crew Cab (454tbi, NV4500, np205)
1970 Chevelle SS (LS5 454,th400,8track,buckets,tach)
:2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (daily driver)

WTB: 1968-70 Cruise Control Lever
71blksuper4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:39 PM   #11
GOPAPA

Quote:
The plastic tab fits tightly into the buckle slot the male seat belt end fits into. The buckle internals rattle like mad however. Did you see the edits I added to my post?
I did see the two things you mentioned ,,and it's excellent for both ideas .. I am moving my seats out some but doubt if its enuf to use them cups . I copied the mounting instruct ,,thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71blksuper4x4 View Post
Vans of the same era had factory color molded rubber pockets that would work too. Trevor
The ones you mentioned are probably the ones FO69 put me onto ,,but if not and you have some pictures ,, I would be interested in looking.. thx

After I get my seats set in place with the console sitting between them ,,I will know whether or not there is enuf room for cup which I think I'd prefer..
Old 02-27-2015, 10:02 PM   #12
GOPAPA

Here's asking if what I am about to do is copacetic with the most of of you.. ( my dad used to use this expression ,(copacetic )

Drivers seat outer front bolt hole is to be 1 1/4 inch straight out with from where the bench seat bolt was,,
Passenger seat front bolt hole is it to be 3/4 inch straight out from the bolt hole from the bench seat

To get the spot to drill the holes for the inner front bolt holes that I will use for the bucket seats ,,I take a straight edge and extend a line through the center of the existing bolt holes from the bench seat used and use that them holes as a guide to set my inner bucket seat bolt hole at.. do this on both sides (driver /passenger )for the front holes .

I have a problem with the release of the drivers seat to move the seat forwards or backwards,, the wire running across does not pull the lever for the inner slide enough and there fore hangs up..I found that if I bend the wire that runs across between the inner and outer slides ,,then it releases and catches fine,,but,, is this a common thing and I will be have to be careful and keep it bent to work ,,or is there a fix better than the bending of the wire?

One more thing..the drivers seat does not sit down with all 4 legs touching (3 up one down in rear )and to make this happen I can bolt just is down,, just wondering if this is common thing with these bucket seat frames for the drivers side?

that should about do it ,,just checking with you who have been through this and can shed some light on my questions .. thx for reading this far ,I know its sorta long..
Old 02-28-2015, 01:25 AM   #13
FirstOwner69

Quote:
Here's asking if what I am about to do is copacetic with the most of of you.. ( my dad used to use this expression ,(copacetic )

Drivers seat outer front bolt hole is to be 1 1/4 inch straight out with from where the bench seat bolt was,,
Passenger seat front bolt hole is it to be 3/4 inch straight out from the bolt hole from the bench seat

To get the spot to drill the holes for the inner front bolt holes that I will use for the bucket seats ,,I take a straight edge and extend a line through the center of the existing bolt holes from the bench seat used and use that them holes as a guide to set my inner bucket seat bolt hole at.. do this on both sides (driver /passenger )for the front holes .

I have a problem with the release of the drivers seat to move the seat forwards or backwards,, the wire running across does not pull the lever for the inner slide enough and there fore hangs up..I found that if I bend the wire that runs across between the inner and outer slides ,,then it releases and catches fine,,but,, is this a common thing and I will be have to be careful and keep it bent to work ,,or is there a fix better than the bending of the wire?

One more thing..the drivers seat does not sit down with all 4 legs touching (3 up one down in rear )and to make this happen I can bolt just is down,, just wondering if this is common thing with these bucket seat frames for the drivers side?

that should about do it ,,just checking with you who have been through this and can shed some light on my questions .. thx for reading this far ,I know its sorta long..

You probably meant to post this in your thread on mounting the seats. Nonetheless, what you suggest regarding how to locate the holes seems logical/copacetic. All the front holes are alined. However, I cannot vouch for the measurements at this point. I assume you've gleaned this from the other thread and links provided there. After installing the front bolts, use the rear holes in the mounting brackets to spot the rear holes. Then remove the seats and drill away.

I wouldn't worry about one leg of the seat not touching the floor assuming it's not a huge gap. Start the bolt and pull it down. I don't think mine all touch when loose, but the one that doesn't is probably less than 1/2" off the floor. Just bear down on the seat(or have someone sit in it) and tighten the bolt.

I seem to recall just bowing the wire a couple times in 45 years to fine tune the center release on the driver's seat. It also helps to push the seat back as you pull the release lever. The spring under the seat is much stronger than required for the relatively light weight bucket seat.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:56 AM   #14
GOPAPA

Quote:
You probably meant to post this in your thread on mounting the seats. Nonetheless, what you suggest regarding how to locate the holes seems logical/copacetic. All the front holes are alined. However, I cannot vouch for the measurements at this point. I assume you've gleaned this from the other thread and links provided there. After installing the front bolts, use the rear holes in the mounting brackets to spot the rear holes. Then remove the seats and drill away.

I wouldn't worry about one leg of the seat not touching the floor assuming it's not a huge gap. Start the bolt and pull it down. I don't think mine all touch when loose, but the one that doesn't is probably less than 1/2" off the floor. Just bear down on the seat(or have someone sit in it) and tighten the bolt.

I seem to recall just bowing the wire a couple times in 45 years to fine tune the center release on the driver's seat. It also helps to push the seat back as you pull the release lever. The spring under the seat is much stronger than required for the relatively light weight bucket seat.
Thanks again ,,nothing like hearing it form some one that's experienced it .. glad you found my post ,,I did put it in the wrong one.. I repainted the metal behind the seat under the window and after it dries ,,I will do the holes and then glue the carpet to the gas tank,, I feel confident now anyways that I wont have to redo it ,..
Old 02-28-2015, 09:12 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

The holders shown by First Owner were used on basic K/5s with utility seats or optinal bucket seats. The buckets are the same seat as the scrolled CST that came with console, but with a basket weave pattern such as on bench seats. Since utility seats and base buckets didn't include a console these plastic holders were screwed to the front inside bottom corner of the seats. The trucks with console have holders built-in because back then you just set your beer between your legs

Copaesthetic is the opposite of funkadelic, but I don't think your dad used that one

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-28-2015 at 09:17 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:14 AM   #16
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The holders shown by First Owner were used on basic K/5s with utility seats or optinal bucket seats. The buckets are the same seat as the scrolled CST that came with console, but with a basket weave pattern such as on bench seats. Since utility seats and base buckets didn't include a console these plastic holders were screwed to the front inside bottom corner of the seats. The trucks with console have holders built-in because back then you just set your beer between your legs

Copaesthetic is the opposite of funkadelic, but I don't think your dad used that one
Very good info Tim , again you come up with some neat history,, no,,, my dad didn't say that what you wrote,,in fact he never swore ,,well he didn't unless you call son-of - bisquit -eater a cussword .. I remember him holloring that to the horse when it ran off dragging the log right on by the roll-away landing
Old 02-28-2015, 10:35 AM   #17
FirstOwner69

Wikipedia:
"Funkadelic is an American band that was at its most prominent during the 1970s. The band and its sister act Parliament, both led by George Clinton, began the funk music culture of that decade."
Old 02-28-2015, 10:46 PM   #18
special-K
Special Order

Hah, I remember the band. I think it was some guy I worked with at one time used copesthethic as alright and funkadelic for messed up. Also, hunkydory for alright and catawampus for messed up

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote