The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2015, 01:24 AM   #1
Krex

Wtb Serpentine belt setup

Wtb Serpentine belt setup For my 350 anybody have one?
Krex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:38 AM   #2
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: Wtb Serpentine belt setup

I build high output alternator versions....this one uses a 140A alternator (1994-97 Impala SS) and is a complete bolt on. Includes correct and cleaned/wirebrushed hardware which has been oiled. All other parts have been blasted-brackets painted a high temp "steel" and then clear coated. Pulleys are also blasted and painted a satin black, then clear coated. You get the correct 140A brace, t-stat and idler pulley spacer. I include a guided water pump pulley to help keep the belt running true.

I have two of these available-my price is $275 plus shipping. These are highly detailed and ready to use-I include a list of part numbers for all related accessories you can purchase from any parts store. I also have 6 sets of the standard 105A versions available too as well as 4 complete 1996-up Vortec style (these fit also!) serpentine bracket kits so I have whatever you could need-including all acdessories if you want me to supply them. These are basically extensions of my harness building and high output alternator harness kits. I also include the CS style alternator plug and can supply you with a HD charging system harness with it. PM me if interested!
Attached Images

Last edited by gmachinz; 03-01-2015 at 04:51 AM.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:50 AM   #3
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Here's a pic of one of my standard kits on a 69 Camaro just to give you an idea....I also can supply electric fans and harnesses for them or, if you want to stay with a mechanical fan, any salvage yard serpentine setup has a reverse rotation fan-so those are easy to source.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2015, 08:07 AM   #4
Krex

Can you tell me the difference between setups

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=503044

I am interested is this one too because it comes with a ac compressor which I do not have at the moment. This would be going in my 72 Chevy truck.

thank you

Last edited by Krex; 03-01-2015 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 03-01-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
gmachinz
Account Suspended

I could be wrong but it would appear he is showing what a kit with new accessories looks like but is offering used accessories with his because a new compressor runs upwards of $150-175 for a good reman. unit.

At any rate, you'll also need an AC lineset which you can have made at any Napa store. There are parts I would suggest purchasing new such as water pump, idler and tensioner pulleys and AC compressor. You could get by with a used alt. and PS pump if they test out OK, but for the effort, why not go with NEW components?

However, if on a budget, $225 plus shipping for all used parts is a good deal since everything is ready pulled. I build a lot of specially optioned serpentine kits like a guided water pump pulley and a 140A specific LH alt. bracket as well as the correct water outlet that allows you to route the upper radiator hose behind the alternator (140A specific) and that comes with the lower rear alt. brace and hose rest. Its a cleaner appearance that running the hose through the middle. I also manufacture 140A adapter brackets for use with the standard 100A alt. brackets. There are a lot of options when it comes to GM serpentine kits.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:58 AM   #6
Krex

Do you mine pm in me your phone number I would like to talk with you about your product and or other products. I want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into. I currently have a vbelt system w fan and missing compressor brackets with a long water pump. On a 350 I think year is 1974, I also believe there is something weird about my power steering mounting set up. My goal is to get mounting set up corrected to allow for an a/c compressor setup.

My other setup info is 1972 with factory air under hood and under dash, alt on passenger side and I'd like to keep long water pump because it's working and not leaking.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:12 PM   #7
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Sure-I'll send ya a PM.