The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-04-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
TugOwar

'78 C10 Seatbelt Questions

Hello Gentlemen and Ladies. Hoping this post finds you all safe, happy and well loved.

On to the point: My son has a 1978 C10 4x4. He bought a very nice pair of custom made sheet metal 6x9 speaker mounting plates that fit perfectly into the openings at the cab corners behind the seat.

But there is a problem: The retractors for the shoulder strap seat belt mount in the top of this same opening. You can see how this complicates plans...

So we're looking at options for seat belt retractor mounting.

Using the ever helpful search feature here on the forums I found this thread
Hello Gentlemen and Ladies. Hoping this post finds you all safe, happy and well loved.

On to the point: My son has a 1978 C10 4x4. He bought a very nice pair of custom made sheet metal 6x9 speaker mounting plates that fit perfectly into the openings at the cab corners behind the seat.

But there is a problem: The retractors for the shoulder strap seat belt mount in the top of this same opening. You can see how this complicates plans...

So we're looking at options for seat belt retractor mounting.

Using the ever helpful search feature here on the forums I found http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=361852
which seems to indicate that rear seat belts from a 87-94 S10 blazer would be a suitable replacement.

Did I read that correctly?
If so, do the S10 belts have a single mounting point? Thgis would be ideal I think.

Thanks so much for reading and replying and for sharing your knowledge and experience with those of us less learned.

May your healthcare remain healthy and your firearms un-infringed.
TugOwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:10 PM   #2
TugOwar

Re: '78 C10 Seatbelt Questions

That same thread (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=361852) would seem to indicate that our '78 is not a '78....
Old 03-06-2015, 08:50 PM   #3
TugOwar

Re: '78 C10 Seatbelt Questions

Well, forced to go on the assumption that rear seat belts from 87-94 s10blazer will work in our 78 c10, I did some searching and am unable to find those specific belts online. So I guess our only option is to purchase universal 3-point belts and make them work...