The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2015, 10:00 PM   #1
Thebrownturd

SMS Fabrics question

It's a stupid question but can anyone tell me if SMS fabrics actually makes the seat covers or do they only sell the raw materials?
Thebrownturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:35 PM   #2
Steve Hafner

Re: SMS Fabrics question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebrownturd View Post
It's a stupid question but can anyone tell me if SMS fabrics actually makes the seat covers or do they only sell the raw materials?
. . . .

I'm not sure . . . but I think they only used to sell the material.

You'd have to call them to find out now.

I'm very pleased with the complete cloth cover made for my 70's interior at Carsinc.
Steve Hafner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:14 PM   #3
FirstOwner69

See the 1st question on their FAQ list.
http://www.smsautofabrics.com/faq.php
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:16 PM   #4
chewychevy67

They did mine and my whole interior in 2012. Did a nice job too. It took 18 months from order to delivery so if you are in a hurry you may need to ask for a timeline.
Attached Images

chewychevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:26 AM   #5
Steve Hafner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
See the 1st question on their FAQ list.
http://www.smsautofabrics.com/faq.php
. . . .

There's the answer !!! Thanks !!!

. . . .
Attached Images

Steve Hafner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:53 AM   #6
brown7373

They have had the interior door panels from my 1970 Bonneville convertible for over a year, and haven't returned calls or emails for 2 weeks to update the status. I was originally told 6 months. My car is still apart and not ready for the pieces, but still, I would like to get them back.
brown7373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:28 PM   #7
praisegeetarman

They are very prompt when it comes to billing……… Charged my credit card the day of the order without even an email to verify. I had to contact them a week and a half later to make sure the order was actually placed. A week after that they emailed me with questions about the order that I had already answered several times.

I did finally receive the fabric several months later and it was excellent and a perfect match. They are very good at what they do, but plan on exercising patience. Also, don't be afraid to call several times and hold them accountable to what they say.

Keith Riel
praisegeetarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #8
brown7373

I'm glad to hear they are very good, but I am starting to get anxious for my parts. I bought NOS sandalwood material to redo my seats, and it came in a reasonable time. I also had them make a convertible boot in the NOS material and it came in a month or so. They are having to remanufacture the chrome/woodgrain vinyl moldings that trim the 1970 Bonneville, and that is taking the time. They said they used to be the manufacturer for it back then, so they know how to make it.
brown7373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:36 PM   #9
jocko

I hate to say it, but sometimes you have to raise a bit of a stink to get things moving. I got the materials from SMS, but had member Truckseats stitch em up. That was a big help, and as he has a recurring relationship with SMS, I think that helped. Currently, that is the ONLY way to get a correct highlander plaid seat cover with the scroll work on the parchment. But, quality is great. If you haven't made the plunge yet, since SMS' bailiwick is material, you might consider having them provide the materials to a good upholsterer (like Truckseats) and save some time. If you're not doing anything exotic, the seat cover material may be on the shelf. Of bone stock, there are other options - almost all parts houses do some of the seats - Cheyenne and Cheyenne Super are common. Custom Deluxe and Custom, not so much. Anyhoo - good luck with it - what type of cover are you looking for?
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote