The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-15-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
Jurassic-1

Wire Diagram Question

Does anyone have a good wiring diagram for a 1966 C-10 with gauges? I see lots of diagrams but they seem to be Idiot lamp ones. I have a gauge dash to install but a few wires are damaged so I want to see what is needed to fix them. Thanks
Jurassic-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:15 PM   #2
ConradBSomething

Re: Wire Diagram Question

Bumping on account of I need it too. "Restored" a set of gauges to replace my idiot lights, but it came without any harness. Can't find a good schematic anywhere. I know what gets landed where, but I'd like to use factory wire colors If possible.
ConradBSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #3
Jurassic-1

Ttt
Jurassic-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:36 PM   #4
ray_mcavoy

The 1966 diagrams can be found in the Chevrolet Truck Shop Manual 1966 supplement. Re-prints of this manual are available from various vendors. There are also some diagrams in the 1960-1966 Chevy Truck Factory Assembly Instruction Manual (the one with the white & yellow cover reprinted by Golden State Pickup Parts).

The gauge clusters were standard equipment in most of the larger medium/heavy duty trucks. As a result, you have to look at the C/L/M 60-80 series diagrams (not the C/K 10/20/30 diagrams) to see the gauge cluster wiring.

Here's a page I wrote about converting Dad's 66 C10 from warning lights to gauges --> http://rmcavoy.freeshell.org/Truck_gauges.html It has scans of some of the factory diagrams (both warning lights & gauges).

I've been working on an update to my website but haven't gotten around to uploading it yet. But here are a few of the diagrams I've drawn for the update. I used the factory 64-66 wire color codes.

I haven't finished drawing up the diagram showing exactly where all the wires connect to the backs of the gauges.

Also note that the engine & alternator/headlight harness diagrams show "4A inline fuse recommended". These fuses were stock equipment in the ammeter wiring on 67+ GM trucks. I highly recommend adding them to 64-66 trucks when using the stock "BATT" gauge (ammeter).
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote