The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2015, 06:46 AM   #1
Mr Handy

New exhause Installed!

*Edit, that's what I get for Posting before my first cup of coffee... "New Exhaust Installed"

Quite a while back I ordered a manifold back dual exhaust system from Summit and a pair of Thrush Turbos. I finally got around to getting everything on the truck over the weekend. What a huge difference! I still have one or 2 places to tweak the fit on the passenger side... what a PITA. But it all fit with minimal cutting. At some point I will get around to welding everything, but I wanted to just clamp it up and put a few miles on it before I make everything permanent...
Anyway out with the old and in with the new... It is factory location outlets, that probably has something to do with why it was so tricky to install... for anyone installing one of these kits, I suggest starting with the drivers side and then doing the passenger. The stock brackets on the DS made it a lot easier to get everything in the correct place, then its just a mirror image on the other side... at least for the hanger locations.

I also had a set of mid length headers I was going to put on... not a chance. they hit frame and motor stands. I decided to stick with the ram horns, and actually ordered a new set, for when I do my cam and head swap in a few weeks.
Attached Images

Mr Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:35 AM   #2
bruceman1968

Re: New exhause Installed!

looking good Mr. handy! I bet it sounds a lot better. Nice work on the install.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:49 AM   #3
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Re: New exhause Installed!

Truck is coming along nicely Andy!
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote